Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 15, 2014, 11:17:19 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - $15  (Read 1739 times)
Gimpymoo
Supporting Member

Moo!!!

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 28, 2010, 02:42:13 PM »

Game will be gifted on Steam.

Paypal Gift preferred.

5 Copies available.

If interested, send me a PM.

Thanks.
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 08:55:53 PM »

Note that this game uses Ubisoft's horrendous DRM, i.e.

3rd-party DRM: Ubisoft’s Online Services Platform. Ubisoft requires a permanent Internet connection to play this video game at all times.

The game itself is awesome; I have it on my 360.  But I wouldn't purchase it on my PC for this reason.

fenixproductions
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:33:21 AM »

Not worth to bother even if it was free.

I bough it as pre-order (was SC fan) and it became one of the few games I really regret spending cash on:

1. DRM interrupted my gaming too many times saying I have no internet connection,
2. I've never got anyone to play co-op with - hours of waiting for participant, only to get #1
3. no hide and seek - you can finish game in "berserker mode",
4. bogus mark & execute.

Надо было учиться, а не камни в школу бросать...
--
f0dder is my personal hero smiley
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 10:11:38 AM »

I didn't find it that way... I'm not done with it, and I'm having to 'thin the herd' in the criminal's hideout just to have a chance.

4. bogus mark & execute.
I actually quite liked that mechanic.  What didn't you like about it?

fenixproductions
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 05:13:15 PM »

I didn't find it that way... I'm not done with it, and I'm having to 'thin the herd' in the criminal's hideout just to have a chance.

If I didn't know Splinter Cell at all I would quite like it because it is good game. BUT I have played once again all previous parts and this is why I got upset. Hide and seek was a brand name for SC and this was giving special kind of challenge to me. Conviction broke it when I had discovered that whole game can be rushed easily. I don't consider myself as hardcore gamer but this was no challenge at all.

The other thing is Ubisoft's DRM: I bought SC pre-ordered and when I started to play it kept bothering me about unstable connection every few seconds. This is what is pissing me off every time: I spent money on game which just simply does not work*. There was a patch, obviously, after few days but this is still something wrong.

I knew before buying that this will be not the same game as before but I did not expect it will be different that much. I was hoping for easy mode (no problem rushing) and classic mode (for gamers like me) but it was too much for Ubi. I knew it was also made for consoles but there is Batman (for comparison) which has pretty good h&s scheme. I did not think they can't make it similar way.

I know that things change and I can do nothing about but I don't want to know that. Maybe I am childish but I want to be naive, I want some games to be the same for years because this is what made me to like them.

4. bogus mark & execute.
I actually quite liked that mechanic.  What didn't you like about it?

It is too easy to get points for it. I did half of my 1st play-through with m&e easily. If they did it harder to gain it would be more satisfying.

Despite of all the complaints I gave, I can recommend this game to people who do not know SC at all. It may be very enjoyable and has dozen of good things. But still I think it may be big disappointment for the rest. From n00bz point of view I can score it 8/10, from fan's - 6/10. You'd better play latest Batman or Mini Ninjas Wink

*) Some issue I have with Fallout:New Vegas right now. Was expensive, I bought it and can't even play without CTD.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 05:19:10 PM by fenixproductions » Logged

Надо было учиться, а не камни в школу бросать...
--
f0dder is my personal hero smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.17 ]