topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:41 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CPALead - Annoying "website monetization" tool, and how to get rid of it.  (Read 7118 times)

scancode

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • I will eat Cody someday.
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
CPALead is a web service that allows you to pester your users, forcing them to complete surveys before they can use your premium content.

They also block you out of a site if you use ad-blocking software or have JS disabled.
cpalead-demo3.JPGCPALead - Annoying "website monetization" tool, and how to get rid of it.

This is how their overlay looks.
cpalead-demo.JPGCPALead - Annoying "website monetization" tool, and how to get rid of it.

To get rid of it, you can type javascript:closeeverything();void 0; into your address bar, or add it as a bookmarklet.
cpalead-demo2.JPGCPALead - Annoying "website monetization" tool, and how to get rid of it.

Intrusive website monetization FTL.

scancode

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • I will eat Cody someday.
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
hey, thanks for this.  I went another route and just use [url=SPAM://surveyblock.com]Survey Block[/url] to do it for me since the method you posted rips ALL javascript, and really I only need the surveys disabled :)

Dear Spammer:

What the hell? Can you please explain why typing javascript:closeeverything();void 0; rips ALL Javascript? That's impossible.
Thanks for wasting our time.

Love,
scannie