Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 22, 2014, 08:19:15 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Amanita Design Christmas Pack (Samorost & Machinarium)  (Read 5525 times)
Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 17, 2009, 06:32:39 PM »

Amanita Design, the guys behind the recently released Machinarium, is offering a superb deal on its blog. Starting today and up to Christmas Day, you can get Machinarium, Samorost2 and the soundtracks for both games, all coupled with high-res game covers, for a mere 10 bucks. No DRM and multiplatform versions (thanks to the "magic" of Flash :P).

Just another proof that random surfing in forums unearths cool things :D

via Steam Forums
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 06:44:36 PM by Lashiec » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 06:44:53 PM »

Two GREAT artistic graphic point and click adventure games.. what a perfect opportunity to buy this.
Samarost 2 was lovely and we posted a lot about it on the forum a while ago.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:59:02 PM by mouser » Logged
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 07:48:50 PM »

Awesome!

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 08:50:53 PM »

a fantastic deal for fantastic games. i tried the Machinarium demo some time back but hadn't the time to commit, now seems to be a good time. thanks for the heads-up, Lashiec.

housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 10:00:12 PM »

I like Machinarium, even though I have been stuck at that board game for ever now. It's the first game in over 10 years I actually bought.
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 10:44:52 PM »

I just bought the Christmas Pack!

Even though I already purchased Machinarium before, it is still a very good deal. Especially when you consider they don't put DRM or any registration scheme in their games. They seem to treat their customers as such and not as potential criminals...

Anyway, this is a nice christmas present for myself smiley
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 08:26:36 AM »

Worth supporting, even though I'm pretty low on cash smiley

- carpe noctem
ilyag
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »

I bought this a few days ago, mostly on impulse. While I'm not a big fan of Samorsot, Machinarium is certainly
one of the best games I've ever played, mostly because it's clearly made with a lot of love. All the little details
those guys put in the world they made are amazing and never end.
momonan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 08:33:42 AM »

I've had Samarost for quite some time and really love it, so I just got Machinarum.  Thanks for the alert for this.

I'm having a problem, though, and wonder if anyone else has experienced it, too.  As soon as I make the first click in the third screen, my computer crashes.  I have tried this several times, and have unchecked the full screen option.  Is this a known bug?  If not, are there any suggestions for how I can get this to work?

When you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning - Catherine Aird
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 11:17:34 AM »

I'm having a problem, though, and wonder if anyone else has experienced it, too.  As soon as I make the first click in the third screen, my computer crashes.  I have tried this several times, and have unchecked the full screen option.  Is this a known bug?  If not, are there any suggestions for how I can get this to work?

since the game is based on Adobe Flash, you can try updating your version of Flash.

momonan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 07:39:51 AM »

That did it.  Thanks.  Hasn't helped me much with the game, though. Wink

When you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning - Catherine Aird
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.036s | Server load: 0.26 ]