ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you organize your email?

<< < (2/5) > >>

housetier:
yeah I mispelled the name but not the url: It is Sylpheed-Claws, to be found at http://claws.sylpheed.org/

allen:
I used to be a die hard, folder-based organizer.  Now I've adopted the general Gmail/M2(Opera) approach to archiving everything, applying labels only to important/frequent access stuff, and relying on search when I need to view something else.

It took me a while to get used to this approach -- going from controlled structure to a complete break from any sort of structure/organization.  The result is outstanding, however -- using search, I can locate messages much more quickly than clicking through a hierarchy of folders.

It's both an easier/lazier approach . . . and more effective.  Especially when dealing with hundreds of thousands of messages.

kfitting:
I completely second Allen... Opera's M2 email, despite it's shortcomings, has me totally sold.  I cannot stand a folder-based appraoch anymore!

Kevin

housetier:
I feel both of you on this, but I haven't found an email solution yet that has all of

1) slick interface
2) gpg
3) labelling/tagging of messages

gmail has 1 & 3; claws has 1 & 2. I kinda like the web interface of gmail, but I wish I could somehow bundle it with GPG. I'll save this for a thread of its own.

Tagging is a nice thing indeed once you get used to it.

Josh:
Basically, I have a section for newsletters, with a subfolder for each particular letter associated with a message filter. I have a personal folder with sub folders for family, financial stuff, important (subfoldered) and software reg info for when I buy something. Then I have a misc folder for stuff that I just store to have in case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version