ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Microsoft is giving away Tinker for free

(1/3) > >>

lanux128:
Backstory: Microsoft is launching an online games store not unlike Steam, GOG, etc with the moniker "Games on Demand". you can call it GoD if you want. :P

In conjunction with this launch, Microsoft is giving away Tinker, a 60-level puzzle game, previously only available to owners of Windows Vista Ultimate. Tinker is free but you must create an account and install the "Games for Windows LIVE" client.

Source: http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/12/16/download-microsoft-tinker-game-for-free/

f0dder:
Dislike. There's enough game services already... another competitor, along with another stupid game manager, isn't going to be any good.

I just wish steam would have slightly better pricing, and that all the competitors would die off.

Lashiec:
I just wish steam would have slightly better pricing, and that all the competitors would die off.
-f0dder (December 17, 2009, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Erm, what? o_O

Deozaan:
28MB for a game download service?

Is Tinker worth it?

f0dder:
-f0dder (December 17, 2009, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Erm, what? o_O
-Lashiec (December 17, 2009, 06:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Might sound slightly counter-intuitive, I know - the sentence is really meant as two points, not a "point B follows point A" :). I find it drop-dead annoying that some games are available through service foo and others through bar, forcing me to have several game distribution platforms installed... especially when some of those platforms SUCKS (EA Download Manager, for instance)... STEAM is the most non-intrusive, easy-to-use and nice platform I've seen so far. Problem is that pricing is too high (for the major games at least, the various discounts and indie game prices are OK) - I feel I should pay less for an electronic distribution, since the distributors don't have the hassle of shipping physical goods.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version