ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows media center - Disable delete file option?

(1/2) > >>

Josh:
I am messing with windows media center on W7 and like it, actually want to use it on my 46 inch tv, but my only issue is the "Delete" option which appears after viewing a file. I want to know if anyone knows of a way to delete this completely from the interface so that my daughter can watch files without fear of deleting them? Thoughts?

lanux128:
sounds like a stoopid UI decision by the devs. take a look at this thread, it might help..

Josh:
Yeah, that is the same one I came across :( It says to set permissions, etc but it still does not work as I would intend.

Innuendo:
Yeah, that is the same one I came across :( It says to set permissions, etc but it still does not work as I would intend.-Josh (December 15, 2009, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why not the simple approach of setting the Read-Only attribute on the file(s)? Surely that would work.

Josh:
One would think that but again, read the forums, that does not happen. I have tried the read-only attribute setting but the files still miraculously disappear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version