topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:34 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Download SoftMaker Office 2008 for free, and SoftMaker donates money!  (Read 8766 times)

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Talk about donationware...

Softmaker Office 2008 is available for free, with the added bonus of the Softmaker company donating 10 Euro cents for each completed download! Great office suite and great deal!

http://www.loadandhelp.de/home-en.html

Screenshot - 14.12.2009 , 16_27_12.png
taken from: http://www.loadandhelp.de/home-en.html

From http://www.betterpla.../companies/softmaker :
EVERY DOWNLOAD COUNTS! www.loadandhelp.com

Download a full-featured office suite and HELP PEOPLE at the same time: Up until December 31, 2009, you can download an unlimited version of SoftMaker Office 2008 for Windows – free of charge and without obligations. What's more: for every successful download, SoftMaker donates 10 Euro Cents to charity projects here on betterplace.org.

Please show your support and spread the word: The more people download SoftMaker Office, the more SoftMaker will donate, and the more projects here on betterplace.org will be completed. So, please tell your friends and colleagues about this campaign.

We will account for every completed project and the money we have donated. This means that everybody can be sure that their download accomplished something good.

It's simple: You download, we donate.

SoftMaker Office 2008 comes with:

- TextMaker, the friendly, full-featured word processor
- PlanMaker, the reliable, full-featured spreadsheet
- SoftMaker Presentations, an alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint

SoftMaker Office reads and writes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files with highest fidelity. It offers the full feature set of a high-end office suite and works beautifully even on older computers and on netbooks. It can even be copied to a USB flash drive and then runs on any Windows computer without installation.

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Download SoftMaker Office 2008 for free, and SoftMaker donates money!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 09:58 AM »
I'll help them helping myself then ;D

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:40 AM »
Nice one :Thmbsup: .. I wonder if it's possible to upgrade to 2010 from this one since it's marked as a charity release.

Edit: I guess I should try actually reading the page first :-[

You are entitled to free tech support and to future upgrades at reduced prices.

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 11:27 AM »
This suite is the same as the Ashampoo office suite, and has been regularly offered for well under $10. At that price, it's far superior to OpenOffice. And with this offer, making it free, I just can't see any reason to consider OpenOffice.

Obviously, MS Office remains the 800-lb gorilla. But if you don't need to use it, then SoftMaker is a great alternative. IMHO, it's far more usable than OO. It's much smaller, too, which makes a difference for portable installations. And it's a complete suite, unlike other apps like AbiWord.

In short: grab this while you can.

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 11:47 AM »
Only annoying thing about upgrading to 2010 would be this:

Upgrade from older versions of SoftMaker Office, TextMaker, PlanMaker:

€ 49.95
U.S. and Canadian customers: US$ 49.95

That's 30% extra for the upgrade for European customers :(.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 01:11 PM »
That's 30% extra for the upgrade for European customers

- not really:

Pricing includes VAT for customers inside the EU

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Softmaker 2008 is now freeware for both Windows and Linux

http://www.softmakeroffice.com/

edited: You'll need to register
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:45 AM by Curt »

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I thought I'd mention that a year or so ago, I installed SoftMaker Office 2008 when they were giving it away for a limited period.  I liked it quite a bit and stopped using Microsoft Office.  In July 2010, I got an email from SoftMaker telling me that as a registered user of an older "free version," I was being invited to upgrade to SoftMaker 2010 for €29.95 or US $34.95.  Moreover, for a few days they were offering an extra 15% Soccer World Cup discount on the already discounted price.  So I wound up buying SoftMaker 2010 for $29.71.  I've been very happy with it. 

I mention this because it's quite possible that the company will again make special offers to registered users of SoftMaker 2008. If they do, you may be able to upgrade to SoftMaker 2010 for a lot less than the current upgrade price.  Also, if you are a student or teacher, you don't have to wait for a special offer; the company's academic price is €29.95 or US $34.95.   I don't know whether that price includes the VAT.