ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Download SoftMaker Office 2008 for free, and SoftMaker donates money!

(1/2) > >>

TucknDar:
Talk about donationware...

Softmaker Office 2008 is available for free, with the added bonus of the Softmaker company donating 10 Euro cents for each completed download! Great office suite and great deal!

http://www.loadandhelp.de/home-en.html

taken from: http://www.loadandhelp.de/home-en.html

From http://www.betterplace.org/companies/softmaker :
EVERY DOWNLOAD COUNTS! www.loadandhelp.com

Download a full-featured office suite and HELP PEOPLE at the same time: Up until December 31, 2009, you can download an unlimited version of SoftMaker Office 2008 for Windows – free of charge and without obligations. What's more: for every successful download, SoftMaker donates 10 Euro Cents to charity projects here on betterplace.org.

Please show your support and spread the word: The more people download SoftMaker Office, the more SoftMaker will donate, and the more projects here on betterplace.org will be completed. So, please tell your friends and colleagues about this campaign.

We will account for every completed project and the money we have donated. This means that everybody can be sure that their download accomplished something good.

It's simple: You download, we donate.

SoftMaker Office 2008 comes with:

- TextMaker, the friendly, full-featured word processor
- PlanMaker, the reliable, full-featured spreadsheet
- SoftMaker Presentations, an alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint

SoftMaker Office reads and writes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files with highest fidelity. It offers the full feature set of a high-end office suite and works beautifully even on older computers and on netbooks. It can even be copied to a USB flash drive and then runs on any Windows computer without installation.
--- End quote ---

Lashiec:
I'll help them helping myself then ;D

Jibz:
Nice one :Thmbsup: .. I wonder if it's possible to upgrade to 2010 from this one since it's marked as a charity release.

Edit: I guess I should try actually reading the page first :-[

You are entitled to free tech support and to future upgrades at reduced prices.
--- End quote ---

CWuestefeld:
This suite is the same as the Ashampoo office suite, and has been regularly offered for well under $10. At that price, it's far superior to OpenOffice. And with this offer, making it free, I just can't see any reason to consider OpenOffice.

Obviously, MS Office remains the 800-lb gorilla. But if you don't need to use it, then SoftMaker is a great alternative. IMHO, it's far more usable than OO. It's much smaller, too, which makes a difference for portable installations. And it's a complete suite, unlike other apps like AbiWord.

In short: grab this while you can.

Jibz:
Only annoying thing about upgrading to 2010 would be this:

Upgrade from older versions of SoftMaker Office, TextMaker, PlanMaker:

€ 49.95
U.S. and Canadian customers: US$ 49.95
--- End quote ---

That's 30% extra for the upgrade for European customers :(.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version