ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Create Dummy File

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
I think if i had any suggestions it would be to simplify this and focus on the one unique use of it -- filling up the free space on a removable drive.  if the program was focused on that, the interface could be made quite a bit simpler and i think more easily grasped by novice users.

i also think it would be nice to explain what the read only usb setting actually does.

limelect:
I see that the "read only usb setting" Is not understood.
What this feature dose is to switch ON/OFF a registry flag
On XP when this flag is on the computer where this key is on
WILL NOT WRITE TO A USB DRIVE.

mouser:
you mean once that's set, windows will not write to ANY usb drive?

if so -- you really need to make that information very clear and give a warning to the user.
i can see how people might try your program once, set that setting, and then not realize that it could cause a lot of problems later that they might not realize.

doesnt sound like a very useful option to set to me, and could cause a lot of problems if people don't realize what it is doing -- i think you should remove it or at least really warn user against it.  it could really cause frustration and confusion in an otherwise safe program.

limelect:
Ok Correct So i will release an update with
1.Make a red label
2. OK Message for acknowledge

mouser:
sounds good -- and have the message tell them clearly what will happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version