ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: ClipTrap

<< < (16/27) > >>

BGM:
Skwire,  It happened again, and this time, I did some testing and narrowed it down to the point where I can successively reproduce the failure.

The GUI is fine as long as it is running, but if there are too many characters in clip.txt when ClipTrap starts up, the GUI fails to load completely - the application starts, and it still captures, but GUI doesn't function right.  (I have some screenshots I can email to you if you like).

So, to reproduce the GUI failure, close ClipTrap, create an empty clip.txt file, and paste "some string in this here line" (without the quotes) till you have 14922 lines of that phrase.  ClipTrap will start okay with this.  Now close ClipTrap and add one more line to the clip.txt.  When you restart ClipTrap, the error should happen. 

Now, I don't think it has to do with the number of lines - that is, the number of carriage return/line feeds.  Because, if you take those 14922 lines + 1 and join them so that you only have one line, ClipTrap will start okay - but if you duplicate that really long line so that you have two lines, ClipTrap *won't* start.

So, it is just the GUI that has issues when it starts.  If it is already started, you can have millions of lines in your clip.text and it is okay.

Anyway, there are a few ideas to play around with.

skwire:
Skwire,  It happened again, and this time, I did some testing and narrowed it down to the point where I can successively reproduce the failure.-BGM (July 14, 2012, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Awesome.  Thanks for taking the time to figure this out.  I think I've worked around the issue in this build.  Please try it out and let me know.  Thanks.

Website | Download
v1.1.2 - 2012-07-14
    ! Worked around an issue when attempting to load a large amount of
      saved text when ClipTrap starts.  (Thanks, BGM)

nkormanik:
Enhancement Request:

Add button in top region, "Send All To Text File, Clear Window Text, Then Exit."

Window pops up asking for name of file.

Presto, all done.

skwire:
I can add a Save button but that's all it will do, offer to save the contents as a file.  Clear Window Text and Exit are already handled.  In other words, I like to keep things abstract.  Cool?

nkormanik:
The key is to make it as easy as possible to get ClipTrap contents into a file, and to exit.

In and out.  Job accomplished.

Preferably in the .ini file you can keep track of the preferred path in which to save the file.  Maybe even a default file name.

Very cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version