ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Anuran

<< < (24/46) > >>

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.26 - 2010-01-25
    + Added hotkey for manual archiving.  (Thanks, M. Gumm)
    + Added a third archive method.  You can now choose manual-only archving.  (Thanks, M. Gumm)
    * AnuVu v1.0.10
        + Added a "Delete selected" option to the Edit/context menu.  This will delete the actual .anu file(s).  (Thanks, M. Gumm)

2legs:
Website | Download
v1.0.25 - 2010-01-23
    ! Lots of tray icon fixes for Win 9x/ME/2k.
    * AnuVu v1.0.9
        ! Lots of icon fixes for Win 9x/ME/2k.

2legs, let me know if that seems to solve the issues for you.  Thanks.
-skwire (January 23, 2010, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried it today and it works fine on my Win 2k PC at work (although the systray icons look slightly different). Now I have it at home and at work!

Great software.

Thanks,

Geoff

skwire:
I tried it today and it works fine on my Win 2k PC at work (although the systray icons look slightly different). Now I have it at home and at work!-2legs (January 28, 2010, 12:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great to hear; thanks for the report.  You can apply this patch on your 2k system to get them looking more similar:

http://www.dr-hoiby.com/TrayIconIn256Color/

migounanounet:
Hi,
First of all, thanx for this tool, great and useful software  :Thmbsup:

I have a feature suggest: what about a schedule telling Anuran when to popup ?
Something like : 0800-1200;1400-2000@(mon-fri) to tell Anuran to pop-up between 8am and 12pm, and then between 2pm and 6pm from monday to friday.

So, what do you think about it ?

doctorfrog:
That sounds like it might be complicated to implement within Anuran, and at that point it starts to become an appointment minder, which I'm always going to try to respectfully argue against.

If you already use an appointment minder like EssentialPIM or Outlook these have the kind of popups you want, plus they can execute programs if you tell them to. If you don't have or want EPIM or Outlook, I use Pegtop PStart's launcher, which very reliably can automatically launch programs based on an hourly, daily, yearly schedule. It's good stuff and I recommend it every time I get a chance to.

So, where I'm going with this, if we program Anuran with the ability to launch the popup if Anuran is ever re-launched when it is already running, we can patch in this behavior without adding to the complexity of the software.

One benefit of this is that if you already have a schedule set into appointment software, there's no need to duplicate it within Anuran. Just add Anuran.exe as a program to run on the appointment.

Of course, if this is a fairly easy thing to implement, that's a different story.

As far as implementation goes, we could do worse than uTorrent's scheduler:

NANY 2010 Release: Anuran

Just substitute "Full speed" and "Limited" with "Popup Enabled" and "Popup Disabled."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version