ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Anuran

<< < (23/46) > >>

skwire:
No worries...I've added it to my ToDo.  Thanks, as always, for the feedback.

2legs:
I tried this on my XP laptop at home, and decided I needed it at work, too. When I tried to run it on my old Windows 2000 desktop at work I got the error shown.
Anyone else got it working on Win 2k??-2legs (January 15, 2010, 02:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I have at least one reported person using it successfully on Win2k.  When you first start the Anuran.exe, it should create two folders: res & archive

Within the /res folder, it should extract the following files:

* about.png
* changelog.txt
* dcuhelper.exe
* icon.ico
* resources.dll
Can you confirm the files and folders are created?
-skwire (January 15, 2010, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I checked that the folder and files are all there. I tried starting it a couple of times, and it "runs", although it never pops up by itself, and can't be configured (same error pops up when I try). I can see the space where it should be in the systray, and the context menu is active when I right-click on the vacant spot in the systray. I tried the latest version but no change. My system is Windows 2000 Pro SP 4.

skwire:
Yes, I checked that the folder and files are all there. I tried starting it a couple of times, and it "runs", although it never pops up by itself, and can't be configured (same error pops up when I try). I can see the space where it should be in the systray, and the context menu is active when I right-click on the vacant spot in the systray. I tried the latest version but no change. My system is Windows 2000 Pro SP 4.-2legs (January 23, 2010, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does the same error happen with the latest Anuran?  I added some code a few version back that tried to address the tray icon issue in Win2k.  Also, you say the tray menu does appear.  Does anything happen when you choose Options from the menu?

skwire:
I busted out my Win2k install discs and am installing them in a VM as we speak.  I'll let you know if I find anything amiss.

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.25 - 2010-01-23
    ! Lots of tray icon fixes for Win 9x/ME/2k.
    * AnuVu v1.0.9
        ! Lots of icon fixes for Win 9x/ME/2k.

2legs, let me know if that seems to solve the issues for you.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version