ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Anuran

<< < (16/46) > >>

jdmarch:
Another build? I need to sleep less.

BUG: Anuran>Archive>Archive log I like the "Archive logs daily at" option, but it doesn't seem to work if Anuran isn't running at the very moment the logs are supposed to rotate. On startup, Anuran should check to see if that point in time has passed, and archive the current.anu. This is (or should be) the behavior for the "Archive logs every" option as well. Times should be based on current.anu's origin date.

Might need someone to confirm the above bug.

E: looks like jdm's experience is the same as mine.
-doctorfrog (January 17, 2010, 01:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, in my case, I expect that the popup would have been open/running when the archive time passed unheeded.

skwire:
Gah...I really don't know what is causing it not to archive since all the tests I've done have worked for me. 

1) You mentioned that your computer is on 24/7 (so is mine) but it's not in some kind of sleep/hibernate mode at 3:30 a.m., right? 
2) Does the "Archive now" button work for you?

jdmarch:
1) You mentioned that your computer is on 24/7 (so is mine) but it's not in some kind of sleep/hibernate mode at 3:30 a.m., right? 
-skwire (January 17, 2010, 07:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, it's not.
2) Does the "Archive now" button work for you?
--- End quote ---
Jackpot!!! I should have tested this. It worked on the early releases, but does not now.

skwire:
Jackpot!!! I should have tested this. It worked on the early releases, but does not now.-jdmarch (January 17, 2010, 07:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you running Vista or Windows 7 and are running Anuran from the Program Files folder?  If so, maybe Anuran is having trouble writing to that folder?  If that turns out to be the case, could you try testing it from another folder outside of the Program Files one? 

jdmarch:
No: Windows XP, full admin rights, had no trouble archiving earlier.

<exploring>... Aha! Last time, I tried "Archive Now" from the tray icon. This time, I tried it from the options dialog, and saw the error message "current.anu file not found. Nothing to archive." Recall that my data files are not in the default location. So the popup and anuview have no trouble finding them, but apparently the archiver is not so aware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version