ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Anuran

<< < (14/46) > >>

skwire:
no, I was just opening dcupdater (or maybe it opened itself..)
It would be helpful though (but no big deal!) if it were in there by default - or can it be added manually - that way, whenever dcupdater does open, it would check if Anuran needs an update-tomos (January 15, 2010, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I believe that, if you use the option within Anuran one time, it will show up when you launch DCUpdater manually.

jdmarch:
I'm wondering should it not show in the dcupdater window? (It doesnt here).-tomos (January 15, 2010, 06:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
It should if you launch the update check from the "Help, Check for updates" menu entry.  Is that what you're doing?-skwire (January 15, 2010, 06:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had a similar question, but maybe this is a really a DCUpdater feature request?

Edit: (A feature request to which the all-seeing mouser responded instantly and positively.)

tomos:
no, I was just opening dcupdater (or maybe it opened itself..)
It would be helpful though (but no big deal!) if it were in there by default - or can it be added manually - that way, whenever dcupdater does open, it would check if Anuran needs an update-tomos (January 15, 2010, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I believe that, if you use the option within Anuran one time, it will show up when you launch DCUpdater manually.
-skwire (January 15, 2010, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

ahh, you're right

jdmarch:
Two bug reports and a comment:

1. I just checked with Anuview and see that even though I set the option to archive at 3:30 a.m. each day, my current.anu has now accumulated 4 days of entries.

2. When I look at the change log in the about folder, it only shows changes through "v1.0.11 - 2009-11-18" i.e. the changelog which is in the res folder, not the correct one which is in the program folder.

3. I think it's unwise to default to putting log files under program files, since they contain user data. Many backup protocols do not backup any Program Files. Likewise it would be more friendly if the config.ini were under one of the Application folders.

Don't know whether this is relevant, but:
a. Anuran is installed 2 levels down in my Program Files folder, not immediately under Program files.
b. My log folder is in my data hierarchy, not in the default under the program folder.

skwire:
1. I just checked with Anuview and see that even though I set the option to archive at 3:30 a.m. each day, my current.anu has now accumulated 4 days of entries.
2. When I look at the change log in the about folder, it only shows changes through "v1.0.11 - 2009-11-18" i.e. the changelog which is in the res folder, not the correct one which is in the program folder.
3. I think it's unwise to default to putting log files under program files, since they contain user data. Many backup protocols do not backup any Program Files. Likewise it would be more friendly if the config.ini were under one of the Application folders.-jdmarch (January 15, 2010, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

1) Hmmm...I will do some more testing on this.  Sorry about that.  May I assume you run your computer 24/7 i.e. it's actually on at 3:30 a.m.?
2) Maybe something went screwy with my build process.  The current changelog.txt gets compiled into the Anuran.exe and extracted into the /res folder each time you start up Anuran.  I can't seem to make it act like you're describing.
3) We're going to have to disagree here.  I much prefer my apps to keep their stuff in their own folder.  At the very least, this keeps them portable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version