ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Anuran

<< < (4/46) > >>

skwire:
As the seconds are not displayed on the title screen is it worth updating it every second?-mediaguycouk (January 05, 2010, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, I do, since the user can configure a timestamp that includes seconds.

Also seeing as you have asked for new comments to be made in this thread you may want to change the forum link in the about section to this page rather than the coding snacks section.-mediaguycouk (January 05, 2010, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doh!  Fixed in v1.0.15!  Thanks!

jdmarch:
Lovely program, thanks, skwire, small but appreciative credits donated.

Bug report. If I open the options dialog while the popup is visible, then it becomes permanently impossible to use Enter to submit the log entry, though with v 15 it can still be logged by closing the popup with X. Also the popup hotkey stops working (though the Anuvu hotkey keeps working.) These problems disappear if I exit the program altogether and restart.
(Anuran 1.0.15 build 1, Win XP SP3)

jdmarch:
My $.02 on updating the title bar time:

1. I think it's important that the title bar be the same as the logged time. Now, it's misleading/confusing; I was actually entering my notes to match the time on the title bar! This was useful because sometimes I was away from the computer for several hours and it was good to have to think back what happened then. After entering that, I have next been doing a manual note for right now (the time of return to the computer).

So either update the title bar, or use the old time as the log entry.

2. If you do update the title bar, then surely doing so every minute suffices? If you really want to support people who want to track their time to the second (:down:), then you could update it every second only for those who enable logging of seconds.

3. BUT if you do make the title bar update regularly, I then lose that useful forced realization "my god, I've been away from the computer for 2 hours!". So what would be ideal would be an elapsed time counter too, which shows how long since it popped up.

4. If you don't want to add a display of elapsed time, then I would vote for leaving the title bar as is (showing the original time of popup), but having *that* (not *now*) be the logged time. Then the user could make a manual entry for *now* if desired (as I have been doing). Or perhaps have an option that if more than the normal popup interval has elapsed since the time of the popup that had been sitting there, then immediately follow it by a "now" popup.)

jdmarch:
Smaller points:

1. Anuview. It seems awkward that the log files are arranged newest first, but the entries in each file are arranged oldest first. It would be great to have an option to show the entries newest first too. If you don't like that, then an option to show the files oldest first. In that case, Anuvu should open with the current entry checked (as now) but also with it scrolled to the end so that the most recent entries can be viewed without extra work.

2. It would be very nice to be able to specify the archive time (mod the archive interval) as an option. For example, I would like the archives to be organized by day, i.e. archive in the early morning. I figured out that this can be done by exiting the program, editing G_Last_Archive in the ini file, and restarting the program. But this is not user-friendly, and is fragile because if for some reason I decide to archive mid-day, then that will become my new archive time every day.

3. FYI... DCUpdater saw that an update was needed from 13 to 15 but "get updated failed" repeatedly. I updated manually. DCUpdater always works ok for me with FARR.

4. Suggest that About and maybe Update Check commands be available from tray menu.

Thanks again!!

jdmarch:
3. BUT if you do make the title bar update regularly, I then lose that useful forced realization "my god, I've been away from the computer for 2 hours!". So what would be ideal would be an elapsed time counter too, which shows how long since it popped up.

4. If you don't want to add a display of elapsed time, then I would vote for leaving the title bar as is (showing the original time of popup), but having *that* (not *now*) be the logged time. Then the user could make a manual entry for *now* if desired (as I have been doing). Or perhaps have an option that if more than the normal popup interval has elapsed since the time of the popup that had been sitting there, then immediately follow it by a "now" popup.)
-jdmarch (January 05, 2010, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Another idea, maybe more useful, for reminding the user how long it has been since the last log entry: have the top half of the popup show the most recent entry (including timestamp), and the bottom half be the text entry field.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version