ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Final Release: FARR Plugin ProcessInfo

<< < (3/5) > >>

TucknDar:
Nice, this will come in handy!

A couple of initial remarks: Am I supposed to press Space after 'pinfo'? I would've thought that just typing 'pinfo' would be enough... (I suppose this might be possible if I change an alias setting in FARR, though)
And +sall modifier doesn't work, so I only get a short list and need to know what I'm looking for. support for +sall or an option to display full list of processes would be very nice.

Great stuff! :Thmbsup:

jpprater:
Nice, this will come in handy!

A couple of initial remarks: Am I supposed to press Space after 'pinfo'? I would've thought that just typing 'pinfo' would be enough... (I suppose this might be possible if I change an alias setting in FARR, though)
And +sall modifier doesn't work, so I only get a short list and need to know what I'm looking for. support for +sall or an option to display full list of processes would be very nice.

Great stuff! :Thmbsup:
-TucknDar (December 16, 2009, 02:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, glad you like it. :)
Yes, you need a space after pinfo to make it start searching.
I'll add support for +sall to my issue list.

mouser:
a note, you can return the full path of the exe as the icon file and farr should load the appropriate icon from the file.. i think.

jpprater:
a note, you can return the full path of the exe as the icon file and farr should load the appropriate icon from the file.. i think.
-mouser (December 16, 2009, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's if the full path can be captured in the first place.  :huh:
Not all processes appear to store their paths in a readable form in the WMI repository.  (See here)  And of course, for remote machines, if the process' executable doesn't exist in the same place on the local machine, I can't very well detect its icon, unless I can pull some gyrations with grabbing it from the executable on the remote machine itself.

mouser:
fair enough.. you could add a few generic icons inside your plugin directory and return those, just so the space wasn't blank.
that actually makes me think i should add some generic icons in with farr that can be used by plugins as placeholders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version