ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Close window with mouse

(1/2) > >>

plutokang:
Hallo,
one of the functions most used by me is "close window", Alt+F4.
To position the cursor with the mouse to the small X in the right corner takes time,
so I am looking for a faster way.
A great solution would be a click with both, left and right mouse buttons together.

I know there are mouse drivers to support that, but they need a lot of resident memory.
A small program may be the better way. What do you think?
Thanks
Jürgen

skwire:
A great solution would be a click with both, left and right mouse buttons together.
I know there are mouse drivers to support that, but they need a lot of resident memory.
A small program may be the better way.-plutokang (December 11, 2009, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Give RockerClose try:  Download (source/binary included)

Make sure the app you want closed is the focused app and then do a "right-click hold then left click" action.  That type of action is called a rocker action.  It's just a simple hotkey so you can easily incorporate it into your main AutoHotkey script if you run one.  Here's the code:

--- Code: AutoIt ---#NoTrayIcon#NoEnv#SingleInstance, ForceSetWorkingDir, %A_ScriptDir%DetectHiddenWindows, On ~RButton & LButton Up::{    WinClose, A}Return

plutokang:
Thank you skwire, super, works very well, that's what I need. Jürgen

sri:
plutokang: You might want to try StrokeIt. One of the standard gestures that comes w/ it is drawing a C to close the current active window. You hold your right mouse button down and draw C anywhere on the active window and it gets closed.

skwire:
Thank you skwire, super, works very well, that's what I need. Jürgen
-plutokang (December 12, 2009, 06:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  I'm glad to help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version