topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How much is Delphi 6 Pro worth?  (Read 3190 times)

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How much is Delphi 6 Pro worth?
« on: December 11, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Hi,

I might have a chance to buy a boxed and license-able copy of Borland Delphi 6 Professional, but since I have been out of the loop for a while, I really do not know what it is worth?  I'm still haggling, so the final price has not been set.  What would any of you think it would be worth?

- CT  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:20 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: How much is Delphi 6 Pro worth?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 08:44 PM »
One place to look to get some idea would be on ebay, for equivalent prices on full boxes copies.  I'm not sure if there is an easy to to look at past auction sales prices.

I wonder if there is a website for such a thing -- valuating objects by search past sale prices, possibly with some discounting rate.  Seems like it would make for a useful web service.

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How much is Delphi 6 Pro worth?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:26 PM »
One place to look to get some idea would be on ebay, for equivalent prices on full boxes copies.  I'm not sure if there is an easy to to look at past auction sales prices.
Thanks for the idea, but I already tried that.  The only way I am aware to get history is examine one at a time, but it is a way to do it.

I wonder if there is a website for such a thing -- valuating objects by search past sale prices, possibly with some discounting rate.  Seems like it would make for a useful web service.
I put this in my "future projects" folder.  Thanks for the suggestion.  If I discover any, I'll clue you in.

- CT