topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Software license upgrade experiences: pricing, support & the stuff that matters  (Read 20767 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the support! No worries, I'll just have to continue to be vocal and annoying! I'm pretty good at annoying... however, I've entered into a civil dialogue with a customer services rep who is playing his cards pretty close to his chest. He's indicated that he's letting his higher ups know of my concerns, so we'll see where this goes. Unfortunately, I *appear* to be the only one that is making any noise about this - I've been googling the issue since just after Christmas and haven't yet come up with any hits. I would have expected some of the tech forums to feature discussion of this if other people were caught in the same way. I figure that if this is true, my job is going to be that much harder.

Patteo - thanks for trying, I really appreciate it.

I'll keep you posted.

m_s

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just an update on my posting here yesterday about Stardock: I wrote and questioned their upgrade policy, and they have upgraded me free of charge.  So they're out of my bad books!

Sentinel

• Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
  • Generally confused
    • View Profile
    • www.donationcoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Hi Darwin,

Good luck on getting this resolved.  I was heavily involved in the European anti-trust case against Executive Software regarding close links to Scientology and its (in Europe at least) cult status.  Though intensive investigation over time proved there was no malicious code in their products there still were questions concerning Executive Software’s business practices.

My organisation still benefits from the use of Executive Software's solutions but I have dealt with them in the past and as an end user I don't envy the position you are currently in.

Disclaimer: As always, these are my personal opinions and not those of Donationcoder.com or my employees.

Designated "proofreading free" zone.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Sentinel,

Thank you for your remarks. To be honest, I don't think I care to proceed with this. I've made my case and they've outlined their position to me and provided me with a letter of destruction which is essentially a green light to proceed with a refund request. I don't think that they're going to do anything more than this.

I've kind of shot myself in the foot with this issue anyway as I didn't come out of the box with a clear statement of what I want/expect. I simply noted my annoyance. I should have demanded an immediate and free upgrade to the Premier edition. Live and learn.

The customer services rep has offered to send me the CD version if I decide not to request a refund. I think I'll take him up on that and get on with my life!