ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

150 Widescreen HD Wallpaper images

(1/3) > >>

zridling:
Most are 1920x1200. Nice!

(rar file)

app103:
These are some nice wallpapers, but the problem I have with them is that the blog that is offering this download doesn't do anything to credit the original artists responsible for these works, and there is nothing to indicate that the blogger has permission to share them or that he created these himself.

I was able to track down a few of the artists from various watermarks/signatures on some of the images, and it appears that some are Creative Commons licensed and perfectly acceptable to redistribute, but again, the required licensing info and credits are not included in the download.

Innuendo:
Yeah, I've downloaded a cubic butt-load of HD wallpaper packs over the last couple months, but I'd be very reluctant to share them here for the reason April just touched on.

zridling:
Never heard this objection to wallpapers. How would you do it other than watermarking them and ruining them? Flikr is the goldmine of all wallpapers and avatars. Doesn't matter to me. I'm just enjoying them, not repackaging and redistributing for profit.

app103:
Never heard this objection to wallpapers. How would you do it other than watermarking them and ruining them? Flikr is the goldmine of all wallpapers and avatars. Doesn't matter to me. I'm just enjoying them, not repackaging and redistributing for profit.
-zridling (December 11, 2009, 03:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I like to know whose work I am admiring and I like to visit their site and see if they have more.

And artists deserve full credit!

If it were your art that was being swiped and redistributed without credit, you'd probably understand why this is so wrong.

I have had some of my stuff swiped, cropped, included in a scrap kit, no credit given, and the person that did it had the gall to slap a CC license on my copyrighted work and demand full credit and link to her site if anyone used it.

I have also found my work altered and offered for sale on a stock photo site.

Giving credit on a wallpaper pack is not hard. How about including a text file with entries like this:

file name
artist
URL
license type

If you can't do that and only distribute things you have a legal right/license to distribute, maybe you shouldn't be distributing it at all.

It's like giving out a pack of ebooks and never letting the user know who the authors are, or music without artist names, or software without developer info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version