ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Twigatelle

<< < (44/51) > >>

JavaJones:
I agree with kwacky. One way or another I think the game needs ways to make it still more strategic and skill-based, and being able to save powerups for later is an interesting possibility.

As it is I find myself trying for the green pegs on almost every level straight off because I know my best chance of winning is getting a multi-ball of some kind, or assassin. Without either of those my chances are diminished significantly. I think it would be virtually impossible to make it through all current levels without losing once, and I think if that's true, it's not the best design. A game shouldn't *force* you to lose, you should always have the ability (IMHO) to get better at the game and thus pull off a win. While theoretically you could become an expert at predicting bounce mechanics and figure out the exact right angles to bounce all pegs and win, practically speaking it's virtually impossible. I find luck guiding my progress more than anything, and while that is fun when you do get good luck, very often you get no or even bad luck, and that's not so fun. ;)

Anyway, I keep playing this game, every time a new release comes out if not more often, so I *like* it. But at the same time it drives me crazy quite often. ;)

- Oshyan

timns:
A thoughtful and useful comment there Mr JJ! Thank you. I'll do some thinking about what can be done to avoid relying on pure luck.

JavaJones:
I have some thoughts and suggestions if you're curious. ;)

In fact, I think one of the things that would both make the game more enjoyable generally, and more accessible to all levels of players, would be to institute the "difficulty settings" I described in a previous post. I'm not sure how hard it would be, but just being able to vary the "average number of green pegs" per level would help a lot! Here's my previous post:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20943.msg192343#msg192343
You may notice I already mentioned the "store up powerups" idea back then, which I had actually forgotten about. ;)

- Oshyan

timns:
Excellent stuff. I'll paste your comments into the top of my ideas list!

mouser:
a way to avoid difficulty settings would be that each time you retry a level there is 1 added green bumper, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version