ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Twigatelle

<< < (18/51) > >>

mouser:
How does one get past level 1? I know it can't be that i have to clear every bumper, because i just refuse to believe anyone here is able to accomplish that.

timns:
I dug the new level 4 as well. The "wheel" bumpers are fun since you get more ball interaction with them, and there's less room for the ball to fall between at first.

I think once you reach level 5 it just keeps repeating that level, no?

Can't wait for more levels, effects, modes, etc. I have lots of ideas for this, but don't know if you have time/interest to implement. For example a powerup that actually bumps/moves the bumpers when the ball hits it (they would just move once, not become additional balls and bounce around), or a powerup like Peggle has where it shows you the projected n bounces from your current firing direction (really helps in tricky shots).

Also it would be nice to have more options to customize the game experience. I don't know if the position of bumpers is fixed and has to be created in a level editor, but I'd love to be able to just turn up a dial and get more green, more red, more blue, etc. bumpers to customize game difficulty, or at least have a difficulty slider that adjusted these ratios for you (e.g. turning difficulty down would give you less red, more green, and maybe more balls).

I can also imagine a fun game mode with harder difficulties where you could store up powerups and choose to activate them at a particular time using hotkeys. Maybe this is overkill or going beyond the scope of the game. But I really think this is a great opportunity to take the Peggle-like gameplay and extend it to some innovative concepts.

Thanks again for all the hard work on this one. It's addictive and fun. :)

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (January 19, 2010, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is a useful and thought-provoking post. I will most definitely implement your idea of scalable difficulty for a start.

As for mobile bumpers - let's say they're moving towards the next release  8)

ps There is a level 6 now - IF you can beat 5  :(

timns:
How does one get past level 1? I know it can't be that i have to clear every bumper, because i just refuse to believe anyone here is able to accomplish that.
-mouser (January 19, 2010, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Only certain bumpers have to be cleaRED from the table  ;)

JavaJones:
Yeah, it took me a while to figure out certain bumpers are what gets you past the level. Duh me! :D

- Oshyan

mouser:
oh that's awesome.. i really need to re-do my screencast.. this has suddenly become much more a game of some skill.  :up: :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version