ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Twigatelle

<< < (5/51) > >>

Cyeb:
I hadn't noticed those, I just thought it was a nice game! ;D 

Hey, timns, when are you going to "put out the call to us creative types"?  Don't you have only three days left to complete it by New Years?

timns:
Cool game so far, even though I'm only getting 32 fps. It made me late for work yesterday  >:(
-dragonmage (December 28, 2009, 09:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Er... ah. Sorry. How's your framerate if you turn off the antialiasing?

I have found a couple bugs.

1. High Score list seems to be completely inaccurate. All recorded scores are way lower than the score reported in game. I haven't tried calculating to see if it's a certain percentage yet.

--- End quote ---

Dagnabbit, you're right! There'll be a new release of the game in a day or two: I'll make sure that's fixed.

2. I got a Ball Frenzy and in the ensuing chaos another green bumper was hit and may have been Assassin Ball, not sure I didn't actually catch what was activated. At any rate the last two balls came into proximity of each other at low speed and became "caught in each others' gravity." That's the only way I could describe it. They bounced off of each other then pulled back together, endlessly. I had to start a new game.

--- End quote ---

Ensuing chaos is such a great way of putting it. I'll see if I can guard against that somehow.

Also had some ideas.

Pong Mode: Would it be possible to control the "paddle" in Pong Mode? As it is now Pong Mode only tracks one ball at a time, so a ball could go right by the paddle because it is tracking one that bounced back up.

Assassin Ball: Allow the player to "put a hit out" for a particular peg. Click on the problem peg, the ball then goes after that peg.

Claw Mode: Why not combine this with another arcade favorite the prize grabbing claw machines? The launcher could turn into a claw which could be launched, giving you a chance of grabbing the ball back to relaunch it. If you wanted to get really tricky with it you could also allow it to grab a peg and hold it. The cable could then become another surface for the ball to reflect off of.

--- End quote ---

Very nice suggestions! I can see significant added value for pong mode and assassin ball, so again I shall see what can be accomplished. Claw mode is very appealing so I will see if I can at least add some variant of what you propose.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

timns:
I hadn't noticed those, I just thought it was a nice game! ;D 

Hey, timns, when are you going to "put out the call to us creative types"?  Don't you have only three days left to complete it by New Years?
-Cyeb (December 28, 2009, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Er... ah ha.... well the game will be slightly less buggy  :-[ and also I hope have several more levels by the due date, but the intention is to have 'expansion packs' too which add more levels and different graphics over time.

With the next release, which I hope may even be later today, I shall include elements that you can use to design levels, or use as templates to provide new graphics  :Thmbsup:

So thank you for the reminder. I shall now proceed to panic.

Yarg.

Perry Mowbray:
So thank you for the reminder. I shall now proceed to panic.
-timns (December 28, 2009, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, no, no...

After me... Breathe in... and hold... breathe out... relax...

repeat as necessary...

Cyeb:
Ideas for improvement:

When buttons are clicked, they are pushed down.

The bumpers start off-screen.

The bumpers do their animations as they get hit, saving time!

*Sigh* one day left.. Should I start creating some wonderful looking bumpers, buttons, and such?  Or is somebody else taking care of that?

*EDIT**EDIT**EDIT**EDIT**EDIT**EDIT**EDIT*

I've created a bumper now, do you like it?  Please, go ahead and criticize it, I don't mind.  I'm going to stay here and help you finish it...If that's okay.  ;D  I've never helped anybody make a game before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version