ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Motherboard Advice Needed

(1/4) > >>

y0himba:
Hello all.  I am looking for a new motherboard.  Here is the story.

I have(had?) a Dell Inspiron 530.  I removed the guts from it and put everything in a shiny new case.  I have upgraded and modified it by adding a 9800 GTX+, 4 GB DDR2 800, 2 1TB HDDs, 1000w power supply, and 3 fans.
I am still running the stock motherboard that came with it however.
I would like to upgrade that board.

The board needs to support the Intel Q6600 Quad Core, DDR 2 or 3(backwards compatible to 2) 800 and above, SATA, PCIe, Realtek HD (like ALC888 or so) audio on board, On board LAN, decent amount of USB ports, lots of places to plug in fans, 2 or more available PCI slots, 1066 FSB.

I know what I want but am having a hard time searching for it.

Any help is appreciated.

Innuendo:
You need to take a look at Gigabyte motherboards. They are one of the few motherboard manufacturers that use Japanese solid-state capacitors. They have a varied line-up so I have no worries that you won't be able to find the perfect motherboard with the perfect match of features for you.

mouser:
Choosing a motherboard is the perfect example of being overwhelmed and drowning in seemingly-impossible-to-evaluate features and choices.
So you have ddr2 memory, that narrows some choices down.  And all of your hard drives are sata, is that right? so you dont need IDE support?

gexecuter:
After a newegg search i came up with this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128372

Customers reviews seems to indicate that this a good product, maybe it's what you are looking for.

mouser:
I don't know how i forgot to say what gexecuter just mentioned -- whether you like the board he recommended or not, go search on newegg for motherboards and read the reviews there!
The user reviews on newegg are very informed and it's the very first place i go to look for opinions about computer hardware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version