Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 22, 2014, 03:19:38 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NANY 2010 Final Release: Leap of Faith  (Read 24756 times)
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 09:04:20 AM »

Can anyone who is running Vista confirm that the directory I listed is correct? That's where the directory is created in Windows 7 but I'm not sure if Vista differs.
<Win+R>, "%appdata%\Craven Entertainment", <Enter> smiley

- carpe noctem
Cyeb
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 02:32:26 PM »

I've noticed that pushing "w" jumps without changing the blocks.  Cool
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 02:44:42 PM »

ha!!!
you found a cheat!
and it let me "beat" the game finally.. but damn what a lame ending-- nothing happens !!
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 05:18:52 PM »

I've noticed that pushing "w" jumps without changing the blocks.  Cool
ha!!!
you found a cheat!
and it let me "beat" the game finally.. but damn what a lame ending-- nothing happens !!

Nothing happens? Something should be happening...

Oh, and Note to self: Never let Cyeb or Mouser handle legal paperwork for me. They obviously don't read the fine print!

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2010, 06:00:13 PM »

Well, something happens when you reach the end, but it wasn't quite what I expected... kinda fit well with the game, though smiley

- carpe noctem
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 06:17:38 PM »

I found the ending rather confusing myself ... I wasn't really sure if I'd won, lost, or broke something.
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2010, 06:21:45 PM »

Well, something happens when you reach the end, but it wasn't quite what I expected... kinda fit well with the game, though smiley

I found the ending rather confusing myself ... I wasn't really sure if I'd won, lost, or broke something.

I figured there was no point in making a "level 2" since it's all randomized anyway. If you want to keep playing you just need to get back to the bottom and have the goal in a different spot. So that's what happens. (c:

Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2010, 06:43:50 PM »

I figured there was no point in making a "level 2" since it's all randomized anyway. If you want to keep playing you just need to get back to the bottom and have the goal in a different spot. So that's what happens. (c:
Hm... true, but it couldn't hurt. maybe lower the number of available blocks on each level so that increased "faith" is needed.

When I got to (or rather near) the top, I tried jumping onto the last block to no avail (kept falling through). Then I goofed and jumped into it from underneath, the blocks all disappeared, and I fell to the ground. Is that a win, a lose, or a tie?
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2010, 06:48:44 PM »

...the blocks all disappeared, and I fell to the ground. Is that a win, a lose, or a tie?

That's how the "next level" starts when you reach the goal.

It should be noted that the goal is not a block you can stand on. You're supposed to be able to go through it, but it should trigger the "new" level. I may need to improve the methods used to detect "collision" with the goal. I've also noticed problems when trying to enter the goal from above.

Cyeb
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 07:57:13 PM »

Oh, the fine print!  I thought it was merely your signature.. tongue
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2010, 09:22:04 PM »

...the blocks all disappeared, and I fell to the ground. Is that a win, a lose, or a tie?

That's how the "next level" starts when you reach the goal.

It should be noted that the goal is not a block you can stand on. You're supposed to be able to go through it, but it should trigger the "new" level. I may need to improve the methods used to detect "collision" with the goal. I've also noticed problems when trying to enter the goal from above.
Ah! Okay (I did "win" (hehe)).

Now, granted you could write everything I know about video games on the head of a pin with a sharpie marker and still have room left, but... Would it be possible to have the (next level) floor appear on the same plain as the goal to enhance the effect of progression? Falling back down to start the next level just has kind of a sinking/failure feel to it (a textual cue might us thicker folk too Wink).
ewemoa
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2010, 04:53:44 AM »

Falling back down to start the next level just has kind of a sinking/failure feel to it
Sisyphus?
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2010, 05:31:31 AM »

Falling back down to start the next level just has kind of a sinking/failure feel to it
Sisyphus?
Thanks for linking the wise-crack as I did have to look that one up... smiley *Shrug*

It's actually a damn good example, especially this first Part:
In Greek mythology, Sisyphus (pronounced /ˈsɪsəfəs/; Greek: Σίσυφος s√≠sypʰos  [ˈsisifos] (help¬∑info)) was a king punished in Tartarus by being cursed to roll a huge boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this throughout eternity.

The word sisyphean means, according to the American Heritage Dictionary, "endless and unavailing, as labor or a task."

...It indeed "felt" like a punishment.
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2010, 05:34:25 AM »

- carpe noctem
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2010, 02:14:24 AM »

Sisyphus?
Thanks for linking the wise-crack as I did have to look that one up... smiley *Shrug*

It's actually a damn good example, especially this first Part:
In Greek mythology, Sisyphus (pronounced /ˈsɪsəfəs/; Greek: Σίσυφος s√≠sypʰos  [ˈsisifos] (help¬∑info)) was a king punished in Tartarus by being cursed to roll a huge boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this throughout eternity.

The word sisyphean means, according to the American Heritage Dictionary, "endless and unavailing, as labor or a task."

...It indeed "felt" like a punishment.

After reading this discussion it seemed only fitting to update the "short" description to something more suitable.

Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2010, 06:38:58 AM »

Grin Touch√©
40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2010, 02:29:28 PM »

Nice game. Frustrating. But a nice game.

One unexpected surprise.

While watching the preview video of the game, I must have bumped something at the bottom of the YouTube window and got this:

So all in all - not too bad. (Not too bad at all...)  Wink Grin

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 08:48:42 PM »

The question is: are you staring harder at the woman or the electronics behind her?

kwacky1
Supporting Member

i am Cody's cousin

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 08:17:45 AM »

The question is: are you staring harder at the woman or the electronics behind her?

It's the reel on the right that got my attention...

Crush

Hello dude!

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 10:42:09 AM »

Why are there two cams in the background looking at her?
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2010, 08:39:02 PM »

When I got to (or rather near) the top, I tried jumping onto the last block to no avail (kept falling through).

I actually fixed this a few weeks ago but am now getting around to posting about it. Original post has been updated with latest version.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:40:47 PM by Deozaan » Logged

Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2010, 06:40:52 AM »

Cool, thanks, I'll have to grab the new one.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.061s | Server load: 0.02 ]