I just thought I'd post to let you know that I updated the initial post. There is now a playable version available for download. If for some reason you cannot unzip the file, it might be useful to know that I used 7-Zip to zip it. I think I used a compression algorithm that other zip programs (including Windows default zip app) would be compatible with.
MOUSER: ScreenShot Captor would only capture a blank screen. So I used Windows 7's Snipping Tool and saved it as a gif, which made the screenshot look like carp because of the dithering.
I just thought I'd mention that the current graphics are all temporary/programmer's art and will likely be replaced by other things. After all, it makes no sense for a tree to be jumping around. But I thought I'd explain that in the top left part of the screenshot is a block with a yellow circle in the middle. That's the goal you're trying to reach.
HELP NEEDED: I could use some graphics. I basically only need 4 or 5 images and they can be pretty simple, probably 64x64 at the largest for all except the background image:
- Ground Tile: Right now this is the grass you stand on at the start (bottom) of the level.
- Platform Tile: Right now these are the green blocks with brown outlines/cracks in them. There are 3 now for variation, but I really only need 1.
- Player Image: Right now this is a tree. I'd like it to be a person or creature that would make sense to have jumping/hopping around.
- Goal Tile: Right now this is the green block with a yellow circle in the middle. I'd like it to be something that signifies an exit or goal. Something that stands out from the platform blocks.
- Background Image: This may be the hardest image to make, because I would like it to be very tall so that as the player climbs, the image will progress from sky and clouds etc., to maybe darkness and space and stars and galaxies, etc.