ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Final Release: Leap of Faith

<< < (8/12) > >>

Stoic Joker:
...the blocks all disappeared, and I fell to the ground. Is that a win, a lose, or a tie?
-Stoic Joker (January 07, 2010, 06:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's how the "next level" starts when you reach the goal.

It should be noted that the goal is not a block you can stand on. You're supposed to be able to go through it, but it should trigger the "new" level. I may need to improve the methods used to detect "collision" with the goal. I've also noticed problems when trying to enter the goal from above.
-Deozaan (January 07, 2010, 06:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah! Okay (I did "win" (hehe)).

Now, granted you could write everything I know about video games on the head of a pin with a sharpie marker and still have room left, but... Would it be possible to have the (next level) floor appear on the same plain as the goal to enhance the effect of progression? Falling back down to start the next level just has kind of a sinking/failure feel to it (a textual cue might us thicker folk too ;)).

ewemoa:
Falling back down to start the next level just has kind of a sinking/failure feel to it
-Stoic Joker (January 07, 2010, 09:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sisyphus?

Stoic Joker:
Falling back down to start the next level just has kind of a sinking/failure feel to it
--- End quote ---
Sisyphus?
-ewemoa (January 08, 2010, 04:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for linking the wise-crack as I did have to look that one up... :) *Shrug*

It's actually a damn good example, especially this first Part:
In Greek mythology, Sisyphus (pronounced /ˈsɪsəfəs/; Greek: Σίσυφος sísypʰos  [ˈsisifos] (help·info)) was a king punished in Tartarus by being cursed to roll a huge boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this throughout eternity.

The word sisyphean means, according to the American Heritage Dictionary, "endless and unavailing, as labor or a task."
--- End quote ---

...It indeed "felt" like a punishment.

f0dder:

Deozaan:
--- End quote ---
Sisyphus?
-ewemoa (January 08, 2010, 04:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for linking the wise-crack as I did have to look that one up... :) *Shrug*

It's actually a damn good example, especially this first Part:
In Greek mythology, Sisyphus (pronounced /ˈsɪsəfəs/; Greek: Σίσυφος sísypʰos  [ˈsisifos] (help·info)) was a king punished in Tartarus by being cursed to roll a huge boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this throughout eternity.

The word sisyphean means, according to the American Heritage Dictionary, "endless and unavailing, as labor or a task."
--- End quote ---

...It indeed "felt" like a punishment.
-Stoic Joker (January 08, 2010, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
(see attachment in previous post)
-f0dder (January 08, 2010, 05:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

After reading this discussion it seemed only fitting to update the "short" description to something more suitable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version