ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Page Countster

<< < (17/26) > >>

techidave:
Thanks for trying Joker.  I hadn't noticed about some of the bugs  you fixed but I don't normally use the program that way.  I usually know the range my printers are in so I only have to scan 30 or so ips.

But next week I start helping at another school district and their printers are on dhcp and occasionally the ips get switched on printers and it goes to a different printer than they want.

techidave:
Is this normal?  I changed the toner in a HP 2300 Laserjet today.  I did a page config sheet before and after the change.  When I ran the Print Countster scan, it added a page in the total page count column. 

I just rescanned it a couple of times and it didn't add anymore to the count. 

techidave:
I just tried to open the Administrative window using the Ctrl + Alt + F8 and nothing happens.  I am on build 175.  I tried it on one of the earlier builds and it didn't work either, I just forgot to report it.

Is it also possible to retain the IP range that was last used?  When the program is closed and re-popened it goes back the original default settings.

Stoic Joker:
Is this normal?  I changed the toner in a HP 2300 Laserjet today.  I did a page config sheet before and after the change.  When I ran the Print Countster scan, it added a page in the total page count column. 

I just rescanned it a couple of times and it didn't add anymore to the count. 
-techidave (December 30, 2009, 07:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
Is it normal for internal (report) prints to be counted as pages? Yes. There is actually quite a bit of overlap in the definitions when it comes to HP as they tend to use the terms "Page Count" and Engine Cycles" interchangeably (even tho they're not). This is why there tends to be a disparity between the Configuration page & the Usage Page on most of the newer machines.
Engine Cycles is the number of times the device has gone through a print cycle...(regardless of media size)...without a critical error.

(True) Page Count (Tallied on the Usage Page) gives a more realistic Page Count "Mileage" as it takes into account the size of the media used. Envelopes = .3 pages, Legal = 1.3 pages, and the baseline 8.5x11 = 1.0 pages.

On the older machines, you could actually roll the count back-wards, by printing less than 10 pages and restarting the machine. Because the device only committed the count to permanent memory of it had printed more then 10 pages in a gives session (period of uptime).

(It occurs to me in retrospect, that much of this has nothing to do with the original question...it's more "short highlights" from a caned speech I end up repeating at work. But it good info none the less so I'll leave it be)

I just tried to open the Administrative window using the Ctrl + Alt + F8 and nothing happens.  I am on build 175.  I tried it on one of the earlier builds and it didn't work either, I just forgot to report it.-techidave (December 30, 2009, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
Blast, I'd actually gotten so used to that one, I (sort of) forgot about it. There is a glitch in the main app frames message loop, that causes the hot keys to get ignored if the ListView control has focus. If you click on the TaskBar item to minimize the app, and then click it again to restore the app, the main window will regain focus and the hot keys will work.

Is it also possible to retain the IP range that was last used?  When the program is closed and re-popened it goes back the original default settings.
--- End quote ---
Hm... I've been torn on that one for some time. If the range is saved to the .ini file, it will have an adverse effect on portability (assuming it's takes with). But there are times where an alternative IP address range could also be advantageous. This also brings (back) up the (if/how to) query & display multiple adapters Can-O-Worms.

Give me some time to mull over how best to split that hair...and I'll get back to you.

techidave:
No your not ranting.  I find it very informative but I don't always understand 100% of the time.

Is it possible to add to the admin window the option to save the ip range?  Your right for the non techie types, it might be better to have the default like it is now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version