ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Release: Page Countster

<< < (16/26) > >>

techidave:
I agree, DHCP reservations is the way!  Unfortunately, this school hasn't had a tech person so they are way behind the 8 ball.  They probably have just plugged the cords in and turned them on and way they went.  Works ok until they decide to switch addresses.

techidave:

I'm still researching the if/how to get the IP addressing method & info to see if it can be implemented (and reconfigured) reliably.
-techidave (December 20, 2009, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you had a chance to see if this is going to work or not?-Stoic Joker (December 20, 2009, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Stoic Joker:

I'm still researching the if/how to get the IP addressing method & info to see if it can be implemented (and reconfigured) reliably.
-techidave (December 20, 2009, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you had a chance to see if this is going to work or not?
-Stoic Joker (December 20, 2009, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
-techidave (December 23, 2009, 09:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
At this point I'm being torn back and forth between PC and the office...I'm supposed to be on vacation...but it's not working out that way. *Sigh*

I have found one (QnD) method for getting the Dynamic/Static question answered, but am looking for a bit cleaner way before I commit to anything.

lanux128:
Page Countster gets a mention here. :up:

• http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1618&ts=1261811602

Stoic Joker:
Okay... (I'll start with the bad news) ...I was unable to refine a reliable method of acquiring the IP configuration method. This is due to one of (if not the) primary objectives of Page Countster being Speed. In that interest any data queried for had to be in a fixed Industry Standard position to eliminate the need for extensive validation/confirmation/triple checking loops to make absolutely sure that we actually did get back what we thought we asked for before going on to the next target. It is still listed as an active (plausible) feature request and may yet be implemented after I have time to do the extensive testing necessary to confirm the type of values returned by the various manufactures devices/models, etc. [/end of bad news]

What I have done is tidy up some of the programs general behavior regarding:
Open report handling so the user has the option of closing the existing report or combining it with the currently displayed data.

Drag-N-Drop has also been added (and should have been a long time ago...) so that reports can be opened by dropping them into the program's window.

Fixed column sorting bugg that would cause the program to freeze if contents was sorted by the toner levels columns.

Made minor changes to scanning engine to mitigate the handle leak issue when running multiple scans on large (5,000+ node) networks. It ain't perfect (yet), but as long as the (currently being scanned) scanned address block is kept at/under 6,000 addresses, it shouldn't hang any more.

Fixed OK button on About dialog - Seems it had developed a tendency to play Peek-A-Boo now and then.

So... Currently there is no plan to integrate (via dedicated page) Page Countster into the company's website, hence any future builds (based on user feedback/schedule permitting) will be released here at DC as development continues. The current (Final for Contest) release build of Page Countster is v1.0.0.175 ... and is available via link in OP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version