ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DC Scoreboard... anyone wanna play?

<< < (2/2)

Veign:
Sounds like what Pligg is for - Pligg was originally created as a Digg clone.
-Veign (December 09, 2009, 01:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

In regard to your "pligg" suggestion, I could try that or maybe even set it up on some other server, but how would that benefit DC?  Consider the prerequisite to that... how would we get the DC folks over there to vote/use?  Would this be powered by a direct link on DC to the "list" site?  See, There are lots of questions I have no reference to answer.  It is because of the caliber of intellect and integrity that exists at DC that would give a tool like this an integrity that could be used and depended on.  I can assure you this is in no way intended or purposed to put my name up in lights.  My purpose is specifically for the betterment (AFAICT) of DC and the folks there.  I would be totally willing to converse via PM with anyone that wanted to run with it and I would bow out as a principal, if my lack of expertise or experience hindered the project.
-CodeTRUCKER (December 09, 2009, 02:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Pligg is an open source solution.  You host it on your domain and make modifications to suit.  Even from your updated description it sounds like what Pligg does.  Allow you to vote, and thus bubble up, postings - what the categories are, what the posting are is up to the person setting up a Pligg website.  I have even seen websites setup for voting on software using the Pligg engine.

CodeTRUCKER:
Pligg is an open source solution.  You host it on your domain and make modifications to suit.  Even from your updated description it sounds like what Pligg does.  Allow you to vote, and thus bubble up, postings - what the categories are, what the posting are is up to the person setting up a Pligg website.  I have even seen websites setup for voting on software using the Pligg engine.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the encouragement.  I already had it on my ToDo list from your first suggestion.  :)

JavaJones:
Quite honestly it sounds like your ideas may fit into some bigger ideas that are being worked on for the future of DC and beyond. Maybe your idea would be encompassed within, or a useful addition to that. If you can wait a few months there will probably be more to talk about in that regard.

- Oshyan

CodeTRUCKER:
Quite honestly it sounds like your ideas may fit into some bigger ideas that are being worked on for the future of DC and beyond. Maybe your idea would be encompassed within, or a useful addition to that. If you can wait a few months there will probably be more to talk about in that regard.

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (December 09, 2009, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply and the encouragement.  [Calvin moves "DC List" idea to back burner pilot light in hot water heater closet.]

Let me know if/when/how I can help.  After NANY I might dig into the idea myself on pligg, maybe.  I'll give a heads up if/when that happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version