ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Lazarus-type program for plain text editors?

(1/1)

cyberdiva:
Thanks to some messages on Donation Coder, I added the Lazarus add-on to Firefox.  Now, whenever my computer crashes or I accidentally press the wrong key and lose everything I've been typing anywhere in my browser, I call upon Lazarus and it retrieves it for me.  What a pleasure!  However, much of what I write is composed in UltraEdit, a plain text editor.  As far as I know, Lazarus won't work with such an editor.  Is there another program that will?  Something unobtrusive that works much like Lazarus?

Thanks in advance.

f0dder:
Doesn't UltraEdit have an auto-backup feature? Considering it's amount of features and pricetag I would kinda expect it to. Other than that, Ctrl+S is a very handy keyboard shortcut that's pretty easy to press, even one-handed :P

cyberdiva:
Duh...thanks very much, f0dder, for your very helpful message.  I didn't want something that would depend on my remembering to hit CTL-S.  All too often I simply don't think about doing that until it's too late.  But your question about whether UltraEdit has such a feature built-in made me take a closer look, and sure enough, it does.  It has an automatic save feature that one can set to save every X minutes.  One can also say how many versions should be saved, where they should be saved, etc. etc.  I'm embarrassed that I hadn't found this on my own, but I'm delighted that it exists.  MANY MANY THANKS!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version