ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Coming soon - Circle Dock Version 1.00

(1/4) > >>

Markham:
I will be releasing Version 1.00 of Circle Dock in the next day or so, once final testing is complete.

The new features of this version compared to v0.9.x releases are:

Elliptical Dock Shape which can make use of your existing circular backgrounds. One thing I should mention is that unlike circles, ellipses take a bit longer to draw due to the complex mathematical calculations that are required.

"Kiosk" mode is useful not only for "kiosk" applications but also in schools or offices where you don't want the end-user(s) tampering with the settings and this mode is automatically enabled if Circle Dock is run from a CD or DVD ROM. "Kiosk" mode is password-protected and Circle Dock's configuration files are now encrypted -again to prevent unauthorised tampering. The main properties dialog includes an new "Inspector" tab from which you can print and/or make an unencrypted backup of the configuration files.

Extra Mouse Buttons - if you have a mouse with 5 or more buttons, you can now use XButton1 or XButton2 to toggle the Dock's visibility. These two buttons are located on the left side of the mouse, near your thumb (if you're right-handed) with the front button being XButton1 (and behind it is XButton2).

Auto-deletion of invalid Dock Items is a new option and, if enabled, Circle Dock will silently remove those Dock Items for which there is no target - and were otherwise shown as a warning graphic.

There are also several changes, all of which are documented in the Help, and numerous bug-fixes (not all of which have been documented).

Mark

mouser:
very cool  :up: :up:

Haani_Echad:
I look foward to it.  So far Circle Dock has proven to be better then RK launcher, Rocket Dock and Object dock.  I thank you for the hard work your putting into it.

Rigel:
Great, very usefull feature  :D
Thanks, Mark

mateek:
Markham, I discovered your program about 6 weeks ago, and at that time things were very wirey.  I'd have it running for 5-10 mins, and it would crash, never to return.  I'm not a launcher user, but even then Circle Dock was a bunch of fun.  

Now with Beta1 the last two weeks or so, I have it working on my #2 computer.  It only crashed once, yesterday, and I restarted it, and it was blank.  So I put back on some of my original shortcuts, and reshaped it, etc.  Next time I restarted the comp, the first set of settings were back, but the second set were gone.  I'm having fun with the notion I'm on a pre-release that will someday be very famous, so the setbacks are understood.  I'd love to see a feature to export the settings.

How famous you ask?
Your program will be the impetus to force manufacturers to create a U shape backlight and eventually the circular LCD monitor.  That, or with my first paycheck I'm going looking in antique shops for the famous 50's TV set made with the round screen, and a RF Modulator.  

Kidding aside, I thank you for the hard work you put in.

I've got a rhetorical question about your username too: I live in New England (a group of states in the northeast USA), and a lot of towns I grew up in, and around, ended with 'ham.'  Any connection to this area or England?  Just curious.  Or is it a real first name.  I'm always trying to pick up on different cultures.

I hope you either don't need credits and donations at all, or are getting them generously.

Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version