ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DesktopCoral

[REQ] "Hide tray icon" and "Disable multiple instances"

(1/1)

johnye_pt:
Hi.

One more user with samurize that needed reserved desktop space in XP  :Thmbsup: i also use rainlendar, so i somehow created a sidebar with both :P Samurize has a Dock option but creates a mess with my desktop icons. DesktopCor(r)al is working like it should, but i thought of a couple of options i usually like/need in this little tools:

1. Hide system tray icon - since this program is a "use and forget" tool, no need to stay on systray. I know i could use the "hide inactive icons" feature from XP, but i don't use it; other "use and forget" tools i'm using: winkey (creates new windows shortcut keys) and TaskbarShuffle (adds drag and drop to taskbar buttons and systray icons).

2. Disable multiple instances - if the program doesn't have a systray icon, the only way to open it is to run it again, but this creates a second instance of DesktopCor(r)al, so this option is needed for the previous one, and it should be active and grayed out when "hide system tray icon" is active.

What do you think?

PS: TaskbarShuffle has a checkbox to "Show system tray icon" that changes to "Show system tray icon :'-(" when i uncheck it

Kylde:
I second hiding the system tray icon

letmein:
Yes, I would like to have the option to hide the tray icon as well.

Disabling multiple instances shouldn't be permanent but just an option so those who want multiple screen margins can run multiple instances.

@johnye_pt: If your DesktopCoral has a background you can just right click on it and select options (rather than launching the application again) - see mine. Of course having a background probably doesn't fit into your setup.

johnye_pt:
@johnye_pt: If your DesktopCoral has a background you can just right click on it and select options (rather than launching the application again) - see mine. Of course having a background probably doesn't fit into your setup.-letmein (December 10, 2009, 11:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

That i didn't know. I just added a tiled transparent.jpg (50x50px) and set opacity to zero (it auto-sets to 5% for some reason) so now i can right click it ;)

So, disabling systray icon should only be allowed when:
- not running multiple instances (running DesktopCoral.exe would open options window)
   OR  
- There is a background that allows right-clicking to opions.

I would go for the second, and add a transparent jpg inside the .exe to set as background if none is defined when disabling systray icon. Confusing? lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version