ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Video player: What's the quickest (fastest/lightest)?

<< < (29/31) > >>

superboyac:
Fantastic!!
I didn't realize it was freeware now.  It's probably my favorite player now.  Light Alloy and KMP are my two most used players.  Here's what I like about Light Alloy:
As I've said many times, it's the most responsive and quickest of the players I've tried.  That's subjective, but it you use it a few times, you'll notice it.
The developers have been VERY active lately.  Really making a lot of nice improvements and continuously fine tuning every little thing.  I had an error the other night, which automatically generated an error email, and by the next morning the developer had emailed me with the solution and the bug would be fixed in the next build.  Amazing customer support, free or paid.
The program comes in three flavors:
--player only (uses system codecs)
--complete player (uses internal codecs, like kmp)
--portable player (also uses internal codecs, obviously)

One of my favorite software.  Whoever introduced it to me here...thanks!

JavaJones:
Great to see the dev post here. Thanks for stopping by Kinjal! Your English is fine. :)

I will have to take another look at LightAlloy.

- Oshyan

superboyac:
Great to see the dev post here. Thanks for stopping by Kinjal! Your English is fine. :)

I will have to take another look at LightAlloy.

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (August 16, 2011, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
I would actually love to hear your thoughts on it.

JavaJones:
I did take a look at it briefly in the past. But as I mentioned, will have to revisit. The consideration changes given it's totally free now, too. Although I still loves me some KM, heh.

- Oshyan

superboyac:
I did take a look at it briefly in the past. But as I mentioned, will have to revisit. The consideration changes given it's totally free now, too. Although I still loves me some KM, heh.

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (August 16, 2011, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, that's right.  I remember reading that.

Yes, let me mention some of the changes I've noticed in the latest 4.6 beta.  The new gray skin is much better than the previous ones.  It's more polished and nicer to look at.  I think you and I have the same ultimate question: "What would make me choose Light Alloy over KMP?"  I don't have a good answer to that since I can't really find too many faults with KMP, hardly any.  One of the reasons why I like Light Alloy is because it's being very actively developed, and I like the types of improvements they are making.  So it feels more personal to me.  Geez...I think I'm taking my software a little too seriously...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version