ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Video player: What's the quickest (fastest/lightest)?

<< < (15/31) > >>

Grorgy:
The more from it you take, the more it becomes - life

kakarukeys:
For video player, I'm not looking into the fastest and lightest, but features that can save you from worst nightmare. E.g. some video player allows you to adjust the playing speed and subtitle/sound synchronization.

4wd:
MPC-HC will let you set a variable audio delay, Options->Audio Switcher->Audio time shift (ms).  You can also advance/delay the subtitles in steps of 500ms, (F1/F2), won't affect hardcoded subs naturally.

Variable rate playback is limited to specific steps: 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 1.0 or 2.0, (Cntrl-Up/Down).

Since this is only likely to occur on AVI files wouldn't it be better to remux, (AVI-Mux GUI), the file so that audio/video will always be in sync?

With subtitles, just load the subtitle file into ReSync, (part of VobSub), or Subtitle Edit set an appropriate delay and save the output with the new offsets.

JavaJones:
KMPlayer can do all the fancy offset stuff, fairly customizable, both for audio/video and subs. I think you can even save offsets associated with a particular file name for future use...

- Oshyan

superboyac:
KMPlayer can do all the fancy offset stuff, fairly customizable, both for audio/video and subs. I think you can even save offsets associated with a particular file name for future use...

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (December 16, 2009, 05:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
There's pretty much nothing that KMPlayer can't do.  But Light Alloy is significantly faster in starting up (double-click launch).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version