ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Another new feature (Thumbnail Creator), almost ready to be called v3..

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
kleptomania has ocr functionality and i had the feeling that it was quite a remarkable app.. not sure i would want to go up against it.. there are some good ocr engines.. at one point i looked into using one with sc as a commandline tool but couldn't get it to quite work right.  you might want to give kleptomania another try, it seemed quite powerful to me.

kfitting:
Well... Kleptomania has limited OCR functionality.  I tried it on a bunch of different things and never had great success with it.  Unless I was doing OCR of program text (like their example from a file browser).  But I'd love to be able to just OCR anything!  Kleptomania doesn't do pictures (at least it didn't as of a few months ago).  That's where the new functionality would come in.  Take a digital picture of an important set of notes someone typed up, bring them into windows and quickly OCR them.  Granted, you could buy a scanner and use their clunky software. 

I don't know... there are just so many times I wish I could quickly get the text out of something without sitting down to type it!  I say this recognizing that this may be a bit too much to bite off.  I only thought of it because you added the text scrapping thing (which sounds to me a lot like Kleptomania). 

You're the boss!

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version