topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Another new feature (Thumbnail Creator), almost ready to be called v3..  (Read 6785 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
ok here is a feature i hope you will all love, new thumbnail creation function, to help you quickly make a nice thumbnail from an image:

tmaker.png
thumb.png

same download as last beta
https://www.donation...ScreenshotCaptor.exe

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
>same download as last beta
>https://www.donation...ScreenshotCaptor.exe

Yes, 2.09.04 !     and where is now this feature hidden please ?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
file menu.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
sorry to do this to you, but there is now 2.09.05
what's new?
text scraping!

(capture text to clipboard from window captions or messageboxes or about boxes, etc.)
just do windows capture mode, select the text object, hit ctrl+t (or use redbox menu to see preview of text and capture to clipboard).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 06:43 PM by mouser »

kfitting

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hey mouser, what's the possibility of getting an OCR functionality?  Sounds like text scrapping is close, but it is still working on text objects.  What about being able to draw a rectangle within a picture and read the text from there?  I realize that most OCR software is rather expensive and so the brainpower behind such an action is sizable... but it is something I dream about!  (Well, actually I don't dream about it... just think about.) 

Kevin

PS - I have tried kleptomania and the other clones (Top OCR is one I think)... all they do is capture text that is already presented as text (and do a poor job at that). 

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
kleptomania has ocr functionality and i had the feeling that it was quite a remarkable app.. not sure i would want to go up against it.. there are some good ocr engines.. at one point i looked into using one with sc as a commandline tool but couldn't get it to quite work right.  you might want to give kleptomania another try, it seemed quite powerful to me.

kfitting

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Well... Kleptomania has limited OCR functionality.  I tried it on a bunch of different things and never had great success with it.  Unless I was doing OCR of program text (like their example from a file browser).  But I'd love to be able to just OCR anything!  Kleptomania doesn't do pictures (at least it didn't as of a few months ago).  That's where the new functionality would come in.  Take a digital picture of an important set of notes someone typed up, bring them into windows and quickly OCR them.  Granted, you could buy a scanner and use their clunky software. 

I don't know... there are just so many times I wish I could quickly get the text out of something without sitting down to type it!  I say this recognizing that this may be a bit too much to bite off.  I only thought of it because you added the text scrapping thing (which sounds to me a lot like Kleptomania). 

You're the boss!

Kevin