ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

No network adapters detected!?

<< < (4/13) > >>

mouser:
ixxo says the new version fixes the problem, so let's see if everyone else agrees. try downloading version 2.26.01 from the web page (or using updater).

RENI:
mm RENI, what is that adapter for dialup thing?.. I dont even get that.. mine is totally blank
-ixxo (December 12, 2009, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well,I don't know what the hell is that either. :P
Reni, when you test the adapter in the pic, does it come up as a Success or a Failure to Detect? On my other PC (the one that works and shows 3 adapters), a generic dial-up adapter is one of the working adapters (from memory of using it a couple days ago.)

I wonder if there's a way of sourcing every available adapter on our PC and linking them up with URL Snooper. That would give us alot more adapters to test.
-jamessnooper (December 12, 2009, 09:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Unfortunately,It's a Failure. :'(Ok so can i ask anyone who is having trouble with urlsnooper not reporting all or any adapters to download windump from the winpcap site:
http://www.winpcap.org/windump/install/bin/windump_3_9_5/WinDump.exe

Then open up a commandline prompt where the windump.exe executable is, and run: windump -D
(note that the D must be capitalized)

And let me know if windump reports a different list of adapters than url snooper does.

-mouser (December 13, 2009, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Here's my result:
C:\***>windump -D
1.\Device\NPF_GenericDialupAdapter (Adapter for generic dialup and VPN capture)

C:\***>

RENI:
ixxo says the new version fixes the problem, so let's see if everyone else agrees. try downloading version 2.26.01 from the web page (or using updater).
-mouser (December 13, 2009, 09:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Still not working... :o
http://i46.tinypic.com/kalhte.jpg

ixxo:
well automatic detection/selection still fails for me but.. now at least the adapters shows up in the list so I can choose myself and THEN it works

maybe your adapter RENI is one that the WinpCap library doesnt support? I know theres a few it doesnt, but I dont know wich ones..

what about trying some other apps and see if they work?.. If for example wireshark works then its a urlsnooper specific problem.. if it too fails or only shows the same VPN thing then you may have to look at WinpCap itself..

mouser:
As ixxo says, forget about automatic network adapter detection -- as it says on its window when it cant find an adapter, there are many reasons why this may fail and it's not important. the issue is really whether your network adapter is available in the options.

And the key to see if this is a url snooper program or a winpcap problem is to run that windump test.

RENI, you pasted your results from windump, which says that winpcap/windump can only see one generic dialup adapter -- and that seems to be what urlsnooper on your computer can see.. so there's really nothing more urlsnooper can do i'm afraid, as it is doing all that winpcap can do.

Assuming that this adapter is not the one you actually use, then the situation is as ixxo says, and it may be that you are using an adapter that winpcap is not able to work with.  Best thing in such case is to go to the winpcap support page and see if you can find any solution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version