Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 16, 2014, 02:20:43 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tech News Hiatus  (Read 2150 times)
Ehtyar
Supporting Member

That News Guy

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 06, 2009, 07:38:40 PM »

Hi all,

This week marks the start of the Tech News Hiatus as I leave for the USA in two days and I'm afraid I just don't have the time (I've also had food poisoning for the past few days, so my preparation efforts have been hampered).

Mouse Man has asked me to inform you all that you will need to "seek your tech news fix elsewhere" for the coming few weeks, but hopefully we will be up and running again by the weekend of the 9th and 10th of January.

Enjoy the holidays everyone!!

Ehtyar.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 08:51:24 PM »

have a great trip!
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »

Thanks for all the newsletters, ehtyar! You deserve a break - enjoy your trip.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
gexecuter
Supporting Member

Move over and give us some room...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 10:00:26 PM »

Bu bu bu but my news.... Sad  anyway have fun.

Mouser is made of win and awesome!
Ehtyar
Supporting Member

That News Guy

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 11:06:14 PM »

Hehe, thanks guys.

If it helps any, I was totally (blissfully?) unaware of Google DNS until April mentioned it in passing on the IRC channel. How could I possibly help all you guys stay informed when I'm not even remotely so myself?

Ehtyar.

*grumbles something about holidays being too much work*
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 02:30:27 AM »

Interested readers could and should just go over your previous posts and go to the sources, then add the sites' feeds to their feed reader.

That way they won't miss as as much, at the price of having to digest much more than before.

People will miss the intelligent filtering for notably that you have provided...
Ehtyar
Supporting Member

That News Guy

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 11:48:24 PM »

Thanks House Man.

My suggestions would be:
ArsTechnica (of course)
DarkReading
SANS ISC
The Register
H-Online
and of course, for the security minded among us, just about anything from SecLists.

Enjoy the holidays guys!!

Ehtyar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.1 ]