First, I clicked Reset all settings to default (*awful*!!),
then, delete all old settings and configure a new connection,
and finally, Outpost Scan for malware.
I have found no reason why IE would want to dial, but if I am an IT-illiterate in general, I am an complete ignorant on this subject.
Had it been IE8, I could at least have uninstalled the bugger. But it is IE7 and came with Vista; there is no 'uninstall'. And if I install IE8 on top of it, it will adopt the same (wrong) settings, I assume.
I really don't know how to handle this situation.
and Yes, "Bredbåndsforbindelse" means 'broadband connection'.
I have tried both with and without "register settings automatically"