topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 9:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: What the US will look like *after* the neo great depression  (Read 4298 times)

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
(mouser will love this) :D

after the neo great depression, the U.S., which was the only affected country for some reason, had to sell "some" of their territory

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/4351/theusaftertheneogreatdepressio.jpg
What the US will look like *after* the neo great depression

As always, http://www.worth1000.com/ = great stuff!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 03:24 AM by brotherS »

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: What the US will look like *after* the neo great depression
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 06:33 AM »
Now that looks like a great idea - Canadians are much more laid back than Americans so it would calm you all down a lot. Also Canadians don't rub other countries up the wrong way quite so much so maybe this idea could be extended so that US territory is restricted to the White House. Dubya would never notice anyway and everyone could be really cool about life ;)

[Note: I think I can say this as it isn't really a political comment, but if anyone thinks I am actually serious about this feel free to go and have stiff enough drink to help you forget you read it - and I promise to slap my bottom with a big stick everyday]

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 10:55 AM »
No need Carol, we just might deserve it, conservative as I am to say that... Actually, it wouldn't take a depression, just for the countries we owe money to renege on the debts. Then it wouldn't be Mexico and Canada, it would be China :o

And for the record, My wife used to work in the shipping rack.. er.. business and yes she heard the Chinese delegate say "...when we take over America..."

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 06:26 PM »
The Canadians would never stand a chance. They're too tired from standing in line waiting their turn in the government-subsidized grinder mill that is their healthcare system & what energy they have left they spend wisely on debating amongst themselves about how many languages should be on every public sign & restaurant menu. :)

No...forget Canada. Forget Mexico. Forget the Japanese. And you can even forget the Chinese. More American assets are held by England than any other foreign country. We'd have to fight those red-coats again. :)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Ah you'd be in for whooping this time round - we now know the real US week point - we'd simply bomb all the chewing gum factories ...

The marines couldn't fight without gum ;)