ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Programming Language Adapability

<< < (2/2)

wraith808:
The problem with your question is that the previous paradigms (Print, Radio, Television) were so completely divorced from each other that pretty much nothing survived from one medium to the other in terms of technology intact.  If we're to take that approach, then the answer would be none.  Because it would be so completely out of left field as to be a different dimension of communication.

Look at print to radio.  How many operators in the field (press operators, etc.. not producers of media) transitioned using their same daily operations.  Zero?  Then from Print to Radio... Zero again, I'd hazard.  From radio to Television?  There might be some technological overlap- but not much...

CodeTRUCKER:
The problem with your question is that the previous paradigms (Print, Radio, Television) were so completely divorced from each other that pretty much nothing survived from one medium to the other in terms of technology intact.  If we're to take that approach, then the answer would be none.  Because it would be so completely out of left field as to be a different dimension of communication.

Look at print to radio.  How many operators in the field (press operators, etc.. not producers of media) transitioned using their same daily operations.  Zero?  Then from Print to Radio... Zero again, I'd hazard.  From radio to Television?  There might be some technological overlap- but not much...
-wraith808 (December 07, 2009, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi wraith808,

Thanks for the comment.  I have modified my original post (somewhat) to handle the weakness you presented.  I said "somewhat" because I don't see that I totally missed it... 

The Print... Radio... TV... Internet (Computer) logic carries additional information you might not have considered enough, but you did touch on it in your last thought.   "Print to Radio" was certainly a huge jump, but "Radio to TV" was less of a jump and "TV to Internet (Computer)," in my estimation was even less of a jump.  If we follow this logic then the next "Internet Computer to ???" should be even less of a leap than any of the other jumps, unless I am missing something?  So, it should be conceivable that at least some of the existing programming languages would be able to make the cut.  Remember, the whole point of the poll/post was to...

... discover if there is a consensus about which programming language (if any) will be able to survive the coming shift in computer programming paradigm?

--- End quote ---

I hope that helps frame it better and you will be able to vote.  :) 

Try the game too!  (Hint: The answer is related to the DC board and others like it.) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version