ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

LATEST VERSION: fSekrit 1.40 shrinkwrapped!

<< < (6/9) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
I prefer, Electric Cattle-prod decryption...-AMWORLD (May 29, 2010, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think the rubber hose method is better - you don't want to risk the neurological damage & amnesia that electric shock can introduce ;)
-f0dder (May 29, 2010, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Never underestimate the effectiveness of a sharp stick!

MerleOne:
MerleOne, you can use the "fsekrit.portable" approach to have the editor executable created in the same folder as the "document" itself - but it will still involve creating a temporary exe. Unfortunately there isn't really any way around this, a temporary exe is necessary in order to update the main exe. I've been pondering whether I should add a "installed" mode where a global installed fSekrit.exe is used as editor, but there's a few problems with that approach as well.
-f0dder (March 17, 2011, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks.  How do I use this portable approach, I mean could you tell me where it is decribed ?  Thanks.

f0dder:
It's not very well documented :-[

It's in the changelog.txt from 1.40:
- added: "portable" mode, which (for now) means it will not use %TEMP% to store
  it's temporary editor executable, but instead store it in the same folder as
  the opened document. Registry is still used for font selection, though!
  To enabel this feature, create a file called "fSekrit.portable" in the same
  folder as the document you want to function in portable mode.-changelog.txt
--- End quote ---

MerleOne:
Thanks !

webfork:
Although some of the users posting here have evaluated this security solution alongside PGP/GPG, it should be noted that simplicity in security is critical.  Even among some of the most paranoid, security conscious people I know, NOBODY uses PGP for some reason.

Few other things:

1. Any way to perhaps rename or change a fSekrit file so it will transfer across email services that block sending executables?  Maybe a zip file inside a zip file or something similar?

2. You mentioned over on portablefreeware.com awhile back that you'd open the source code http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=784#14386  ... any chance that's going to happen?

I know this is an old project so if you'd like it to mothball, I certainly understand.  Thanks for your work on it so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version