ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

LATEST VERSION: fSekrit 1.40 shrinkwrapped!

<< < (8/9) > >>

mouser:
I agree with 4wd's guess:
c) Your AV/AM program has taken exception to fSekrit and refuses to let it write out the final executable.
--- End quote ---

Deozaan:
Have you tried renaming a .tmp to .exe and running it. I suspect they might be copies the program saved since it couldn't overwrite the original.
-nosh (November 02, 2014, 05:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried that and it's just a vanilla fSekrit.exe. It opens straight up to a blank text editor with no prompt for a password.

I agree with 4wd's guess:
c) Your AV/AM program has taken exception to fSekrit and refuses to let it write out the final executable.
--- End quote ---
-mouser (November 02, 2014, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, sometimes it lets me write it out, and sometimes it doesn't. It often gives me that error first and then if I try to save again it will save. But this last time I tried it, it refused to save no matter how many times I tried. That is... until I saved to a different file.

I checked and it's not set to read-only.

I'm guessing it has something to do with how long the program has been open. Because if I open the file and edit it and save it within a couple of minutes, it works fine. But there's one or two in particular that I leave open for long periods of time (because I repeatedly need the info contained in it) and after perhaps a couple of days it starts giving me the error about not being able to save it.

Stoic Joker:
   Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but as of late Windows Defender has been False Positive-ing FSekrit on several (read all of my) machines. It's the same copy I've been using for years - so I know it's clean - but WD just started having a cow about it about a week ago.

I don't know how many other AV suites are/will be FP'ing it, but FSkrit is my favorite and only password manager, so I'd hate to see it's reputation take a hit. It might be the shrinkwrap that it's tripping over...I don't know, I haven't had time to try exploring it. I just wanted to be sure it was noted as a False Positive.

Stoic Joker:
Still having issues with MS Windows Defender going FP on fSekrit. I was temporarily successful in just whitelisting the .exe for awhile ... But now every time I try to open it WD deletes the runtime copy from the Windows Temp folder, which makes it impossible to open without disabling the WD AV.

So I submitted it to the MS Windows Defender Team as a False Positive, and would greatly appreciate it if anyone else that also likes and relies on this delightfully handy little program to do the same in the hopes that it will finally be left alone to do the job that it does so well.

Thank you,

Stoic Joker

chashnniel:
I happened to find a similar(actually i think the same) program Text-2-EXE

they have just a little difference and same function even with same icon :-[
fSekrit comes out in 2006 while i cant find the information when Text-2-EXE first comes out. So idk who develop this prog first, or maybe you are the same person(but different name with same icon?)
i guess they copy yours because i can't see any changelog or readme in their website. and the more important thing is that fSekrit works for me while Text-2-EXE not(windows 10)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version