ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SPAMPAL replacement

<< < (2/5) > >>

Innuendo:
Two things...

SpamPal is very, very light on resources. If your system is slowing to a crawl then you have a rogue plugin running rampant on your system or something else. It's definitely not SpamPal.

Second, IncrediMail is the Devil's work. Honest. Things may have changed, but previous versions of this piece of crapware had spyware built in that reported your program usage and even your emails back to the author & the author even had a provision in his EULA that anything put into an email that is sent by IncrediMail becomes their property to use as they see fit.

Edvard:
I use K9. Works good, very configurable, light and stable. And I love this error message...

masu:
I also use K9

Darwin:
I use SpamBayes and am very pleased with it... Highly configureable, light on resources and easy to use.

url: http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/

Rover:
Update:

So I've been running Spambayes for a week or so. It seem OK, except that there is a warning on the status page that keeps telling my Spambayes works better with a near 50/50 mix of spam and ham (non-spam).  :down: If only half of my mail was spam, I might forget the whole thing.  I need a spam filter because about 95% of my mail is spam.  :-\(register a domain or two and you can enjoy the same.) :'(

Anyway, I'm going to switch to Thunderbird.  It has built in spam filters and it's pretty darn fast.  :Thmbsup: It also meets some of my email requirements... multiple email addresses (7) with an identity and server settings for each.  No I'm not a pervert, I have a couple of business relationships, personal email, etc.  8)

I'll try to let everyone know how it all turns out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version