ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mp3 split program that allows for multiple cut-points before execution?

<< < (4/6) > >>

Curt:
I'm not a huge fan or anything, FWIW...
-ewemoa (April 13, 2011, 06:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Laughing Out Loud, until I realized...
it did not say "I'm not a huge fan of anything, FWIW..."

------
I also have mp3DirectCut, but I use Code-it Wave Mp3 Editor Pro 2011
If there is anything missing in the program, write the author. He will listen.

ewemoa:
lol

Ah, another use for word verification image technology - inserting deliberate ambiguity into one's posts for humor and other noble purposes  ;)

f0dder:
What I don't like about Audacity? Well, first let me say what I like about mp3DirectCut :)

It's interface might be quirky, but the thing that's important is that it can do the cutting without re-encoding the file. Not only is this a lot faster than re-encoding, but it also doesn't destroy quality, which re-encoding does. If there's other programs that can do this direct cutting, let me know - does Code-it do that, Curt?

Next, Audacity... ugh.

The user interface is extremely clunky - I can live with that, but it's definitely a turnoff. It's somewhat feature-limited compared to commercial audio editors, but that's fine as well, it's entirely suitable for some very light editing tasks.

There's a few problems, though. Like when working with compressed files, it requires the entire file to be decompressed before it will even *open* the file - and it always uses %TEMP% with no way of overriding the scratch directory. And it just generally seems pretty slow.

It's fine for small and easy editing tasks; I just can't help wonder why Audacity is thought of as the best opensource audio editor - isn't there anything better available?

Curt:
... it can do the cutting without re-encoding the file. Not only is this a lot faster than re-encoding, but it also doesn't destroy quality, which re-encoding does. If there's other programs that can do this direct cutting, let me know - does Code-it do that, Curt?
-f0dder (April 13, 2011, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, it doesn't. Thanks for informing about this feature. I have been using Code-it because it is easier to use. I will try D'Cut again.

sajman99:
I'm having a hard time remembering a simple tool I used some time ago to cut MP3 (without re-encoding).

I'm guessing (*not at all sure*) it was the freeware MP3 Cutter Plus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version