topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:34 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Searching for Android random playlist generator  (Read 4322 times)

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Searching for Android random playlist generator
« on: July 14, 2011, 04:32 PM »
There are any number of ways to hear a variety of music on an Android phone when you've got a data connection. Pandora, Slacker, and apps of their kind can stream music to you. And I've found another app, MixZing, that will deliver playlists selected from what I've actually got on my phone, based on the music I'm currently listening to.

But what do you do when there's no data connection for this to be done through? I've found one app, JukeFox, that runs entirely locally. It scans your library and downloads tags for each of your songs; later on, it relies on this local cache to generate suggestions. However, JukeFox has stopped working for me. There seems to be a bug that is preventing it from scanning my library.

Can anyone else recommend to me another app of this kind? Specifically, something that can generate playlist suggestions based on some input (similarity to other tracks; genre; etc.), and do so without needing any connection at all (for when I'm driving through the mountains or something)?

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Searching for Android random playlist generator
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:25 PM »
Just asking for some maybe obvious things, but have you tried: