ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you make these text-symbols appear on Windows XP?

(1/2) > >>

DeviantART:
<b>UNSOLVED:</b> &#3232;  My Windows XP is missing whatever special-character that is. It shows up as a square with numbers in it (see screenshot below):

Where can I download that symbol or the set of fonts that include that symbol?

------------------------
<b>SOLVED:</b> I'm using Windows XP 64bit. It's missing a lot of fonts & other "symbol-characters" (text characters, like the "heart logo" and "apple logo").

Please bear with me, as I explain: I'm missing certain text-characters on my computer. Would any of you please tell me where to find the right text-characters to make small symbols like "'hearts" and the "apple logo" appear when I visit sites like Youtube?

Please notice the "square codes", which indicate missing "text-characters" at YouTube in that screenshot:

As you can see I'm missing some or many text-characters (or fonts maybe). Please direct me to a page that has links to fonts I would need to install on this computer so it would display those missing text-characters at Youtube & other sites, which allow those symbols.

lanux128:
if you're using Firefox, you can set the character-encoding to Unicode. there is an example shown on this page. it displays well on my PC but i'm using XP 32-bit though.

DeviantART:
Thanks! I see what you mean. I appreciate your kindness & help.

You seem to have the "Windows Language Packs" that I'm missing. What font-site would you recommend for me to download the text/symbol-characters I need? I've been looking for language packs at: microsoft.com/downloads

app103:
You probably do not have the language support installed.

I would follow the instructions here and see if it helps:

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/handson/user/xpintlsupp.mspx

Usually that clears up the problem for most pages, although there will still be some issues with some text. (and there is some Apple specific stuff you are never going to be able to see unless you view it on a Mac)

DeviantART:
App103, thanks for helping me. I see what you mean about those language packs. I saved that link & I followed the instructions at that page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version