ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

looking for an easy way to convert vhs tapes to dvd

<< < (3/3)

4wd:
so 4wd, what was your choice of software??-techidave (November 30, 2009, 08:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use iuVCR because I could not find anything in freeware that actually kept audio/video sync.

I tried VirtualDub(Mod), NanDub, VirtualVCR, AvidDemux and quite a few others, (this was 4+ years ago - probably more like 7), including the cutdown versions of software included with the hardware, (which had other limitations).

iuVCR was the only one that just worked with the hardware I had and gave me the features I wanted in an analog capture program - I have not seen the need to use anything else yet since it still just works.

My work flow is:
a) capture with iuVCR, adjusting the colour/saturation/brightness/audio/filters/etc for the hardware from within iuVCR to get the best colour rendition, output format is usually MotionJPEG or HuffYUV video with PCM 48k audio.
b) load the AVI into AviDemux or Vegas 5, depends on how much extra tweaking I want to do to the colour - Vegas 5's filters are a bit more flexible and the results are easier to see.  Also, Vegas 5 has audio filtering which AviDemux doesn't and it's easier than demuxing, tweaking the audio in a separate program and then remuxing.
c) output to HuffYUV + PCM 48k.
d) encode into the final format using AviDemux, StaxRip or something else more suitable to the final format.

As I said, there's nothing wrong with the EasyCAP device for a straight analog to DVD conversion - I just found it far too limiting for what I wanted to do.  If I could have used it to capture, then I would have to try and remove any stray interference from using an internal card.
Who knows maybe they've fixed the drivers so I can capture in the format and using the program that I want - I'll have to spirit it away from the parents and check :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version