ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Understanding Clips with URLs

(1/2) > >>

G G Good:
Hi,

The program works very well on Linux/Xubuntu v 9.04 using Wine v 1.0.1 with its default configuration set, in my case, as XP. It may work perfectly, but since I cannot test it using a real Windows OS I can make no comparison.

I have set up your program almost entirely to meet my needs, but I do not understand how I might best use the Clips with URLs function or if the URLs are clickable.

The spell checker, having installed the British dictionary, works superbly as does the Search function so I will probably use Keywords and only keep a single clip list. I am already confident (since installation yesterday) that this is a keeper.

My regards

mouser:
Greetings, can you elaborate a little about this comment:
I do not understand how I might best use the Clips with URLs function or if the URLs are clickable.
--- End quote ---

G G Good:
Hi again,

The Virtual Folders > Clips with URLs is shewn in the picture below, but since I do not understand its purpose (my deficiency not that of the program) I would like to know its function and how it works.

My regards

The picture may be hard to read as I have yet to find a good way to increase the text size.

mouser:
This is actually an advanced feature of CHS.. It works like this:  That folder (list of clips) will list any clips you have taken in the past that have a url in them (like: https://www.donationcoder.com).

So it's not a folder you put clips yourself -- but rather its like a filter, listing all clips recorded that match that pattern.

It's also useful to show you how you can make your own "virtual" folders that match certain patterns -- for example if you wanted to make a folder that always listed all clips with your name in them, etc.

G G Good:
Hi,

Thank you for that. I did try to search this Forum and I googled but didnĀ“t find anything helpful - my final question is where and how might I have searched?

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version